Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
I think the script have an option to ignore already exiting covers, check for that with --help (I don't have it handy now)

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
You are correct Barbieri, there is a way to skip the already downloaded jpgs.

python albumcover.py -w all -s

Works like a charm

I an new to the Nokia OS , so please accept my ignorance a bit ...

Is tere a way to make a python script as a executable app on the application list with a Icon just as the other ones ?
Then that would make it easier to run alongside C2 whenever I add new albums to the media storage

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
There is a status bar icon called "load-applet-run" which in addition to giving visual indication of cpu and memory usage, allows the user to type commands and run them. Another possibility is "Simple Launcher"

In both cases I am not sure about availability for latest OS2008.

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
I an new to the Nokia OS , so please accept my ignorance a bit ...

Is tere a way to make a python script as a executable app on the application list with a Icon just as the other ones ?
Then that would make it easier to run alongside C2 whenever I add new albums to the media storage
this is untested, but will give you some directions:

1 - Copy albumcover.py to /home/user
2 - Create /usr/share/applications/hildon/albumcover.desktop with:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Canola Cover Downloader
Exec=python /home/user/albumcover.py -s -w all
This should place an entry in your menu (under Extras) and will run the script to download missing covers.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
1 - Copy albumcover.py to /home/user
2 - Create /usr/share/applications/hildon/albumcover.desktop with:
Had a go at creating the programme & icon and appears to work as you suggested. The only problem for the layman is we don't easily know if it works (no feedback) therefore if for example you are not connected to internet at time of running script, it cannot advise you on status. (and you cannot be sure scripts not looping without closing)

Thanks for the advise on how to add an application in the application list ;-)

Need to understand what i am doing a little more....

Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Had a go at creating the programme & icon and appears to work as you suggested. The only problem for the layman is we don't easily know if it works (no feedback) therefore if for example you are not connected to internet at time of running script, it cannot advise you on status. (and you cannot be sure scripts not looping without closing)

Thanks for the advise on how to add an application in the application list ;-)

Need to understand what i am doing a little more....
chenca is writting such GUI to inform the progress, at least he asked me the progressbar in edje so it can look like Canola ;-)

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Michigan, USA
Any thoughts as to why Canola be can't have an option to use the album art gathered by Kagu or one of the other media players?

Originally Posted by PJE View Post
Any thoughts as to why Canola be can't have an option to use the album art gathered by Kagu or one of the other media players?
I guess that would entail that C2 be aware of other apps (like Kagu) and also do a search if Kagu or other media apps are installed or not and if yes, do a search of Album art from their repective locations.

Also some other 3rd party apps might not have album art support also like C2 itself, so that means C2 has to have a database of which apps have album art support and then do a search accordingly.

Sounds like quite a convoluted process.

I think its better that C2 incorporate the Album art search in C2 itself (legal matters permitting).

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
""Any thoughts as to why Canola be can't have an option to use the album art gathered by Kagu or one of the other media players? ""

This is a little bit too problematic to implement correct. But the whole point for us is how to provide anice user experience out of thebox, without being stoped by legal issues.

" I think its better that C2 incorporate the Album art search in C2 itself (legal matters permitting). "

Yes, so we are reading you threads, trying to get almost all input possible and trying to figure out a way to place this =)

Marcelo