Notices

Hi all

I was very pleased to find this place and this is the first post from me.

I used to use Canola on OS 2007 which was a great platform for listening to podcasts.

In Canola2 however, the podcast functionality is inferior. Canola1 allowed me to stream the podcast episodes but now I have to download them before listening.

So, I would like to go back to Canola 1 since this was my primary use for my N800. I do like OS2008 though and don't really want to roll back to OS2007.

So, is it possible to run Canola on OS2008? I got some error message about incompatible versions when I tried. Is there a workaround?

I'd like to report that I found a workaround which allows you to stream podcasts, just like in Canola 1. Choose a podcast and episode and then start the download. You can then double click on the episode and you are taken to the "now playing" page After some short delay the podcast will actually start to stream, even if it hasn't been fully downloaded.

if you want you can even go back to the podcast download page and stop + delete the download. The stream will continue to play, Often a "Error during download" message will appear but it does not stop the stream.

Great news! I was resigned to using the RSS reader to stream podcasts but it was a bit tiresome. Canola2 is much more streamlined, Hopefully the small wrinkles will be ironed out in the next release!

thanks for a great app!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
HI!

Well, the plan was: you click download it starts downloading and when it's buffered enough to play it should become clear text and you can just click on the text. It seems that this is buggy and not behaving as expected.

We are working hard as possible in the podcast because we do understand this is one of the most complex and wanted features. We plan to release an update shortly.

Please stand by =)) we will improve it and we need this feedback to find the errors faster.

Marcelo