Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
ok, i flased it. now first how to root my device?
second- what is the latest/best power kernel(for OC, usb host, wep cracking)?
can i replace phone' default kernel with power kernel
see my first post for rooting.
kernel power is a good, documented and maintained kernel, you can stick with it. (OC at your own risk, wep cracking illegal unless it's your own network)
If something goes wrong when playing with kernels, remember that you can always just flash the kernel part (commands are on the firmware wiki), so you don't loose data or programs.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
see my first post for rooting.
kernel power is a good, documented and maintained kernel, you can stick with it. (OC at your own risk, wep cracking illegal unless it's your own network)
If something goes wrong when playing with kernels, remember that you can always just flash the kernel part (commands are on the firmware wiki), so you don't loose data or programs.
When i'm done with repartitioning, i want to install kernel power.
Thw questions are:
-will kernel power replace my default kernel?
-What is the newest/best kernel power?

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
No evidence on overclocking warning, sure its only me amongst other people that agrees its best to not overclock the device.

Sure there's no thread of one demonstrated instance of overclocking does damage but you could at least agree that with a CPU that has NO form of active cooling, is stuck inside a small little box could actually live long enough? Have you never heard of stories where with normal desktop CPU that one has not placed the heatsink on and that melted the CPU when the computer was turned on? Have you not heard of stories where people overclocked their desktop computers whilst running on stock heatsink and fan and noticed they started facing issues with lockups? Do you not think those would not affect a puny little handheld device like the N900?

I never denied that N900 came overclocked from the manufacturer, I'm just further advising against any more adjustments to increase that overclocked limit because you may (note the word MAY) shorten the lifespan of the device.

Also adjusting the higher clock frequency without actually utilising that frequency does not actually affect the device however under full load (remember, the device is not dumb enough to stick itself under highest frequency unless you chose to also increase the lower clock frequency).
You have read wrong web sites . You can not melt any of new cpu.. They are protected.

My n900 is now way much cooler than normal voltage and MHz!! Device is quicker done tasking compared to the original frequency.. i do not see any negative side of overclocking IF you do it right!!!!

And welcome and good luck to the new phone Ryu1

You don't need to manualy format any of that partitions! Just flash eMMC image, DO NOT REBOOT and then flash fiasco image (pr1.3).

[QUOTE=
And welcome and good luck to the new phone Ryu1

You don't need to manualy format any of that partitions! Just flash eMMC image, DO NOT REBOOT and then flash fiasco image (pr1.3).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I know that, but i want to increase the memory of programs (the default is 2gb)

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Thanks. I know that, but i want to increase the memory of programs (the default is 2gb)
Aaa.. ok. hardcore user

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Aaa.. ok. hardcore user
Yeah, i haked and modified allmost anything in my nokia e90 communicator (i even get psx emulator working fullscreen but very slow)
And on my htc touch pro 2 i have both windows mobile 6.5 and android 2.3

Why nobody tell me what kernel power should i use?

ok, i have a problem with this repartitioning. I follow the instructions from: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=188
but i cant get pass the step 2 (obtaining fdisk utility
this is what i get from xterm when input the code from there:

Nokia-N900:/home/user# mkdir -p /home/user/util-linux /home/user/bin
Nokia-N900:/home/user# cd /home/user/util-linux
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool....1-1_armel.deb
-sh: wget: not found
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# dpkg-deb -x util-linux_2.13.1.1-1_armel.deb root
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `util-linux_2.13.1.1-1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# cp root/sbin/fdisk /home/user/bin/
cp: cannot stat 'root/sbin/fdisk': No such file or directory
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# cd ..
Nokia-N900:/home/user# rm -rf util-linux

What am i doing wrong?

ok, i have a problem with this repartitioning. I follow the instructions from: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=188
but i cant get pass the step 2 (obtaining fdisk utility
this is what i get from xterm when input the code from there:

Nokia-N900:/home/user# mkdir -p /home/user/util-linux /home/user/bin
Nokia-N900:/home/user# cd /home/user/util-linux
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool....1-1_armel.deb
-sh: wget: not found
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# dpkg-deb -x util-linux_2.13.1.1-1_armel.deb root
dpkg-deb: failed to read archive `util-linux_2.13.1.1-1_armel.deb': No such file or directory
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# cp root/sbin/fdisk /home/user/bin/
cp: cannot stat 'root/sbin/fdisk': No such file or directory
Nokia-N900:/home/user/util-linux# cd ..
Nokia-N900:/home/user# rm -rf util-linux

What am i doing wrong?
Ok, i get pass this, please ignore my last post

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Why nobody tell me what kernel power should i use?
Try kernel power 48, being using it for couple of weeks now with no problem

Tags
fremantle, nokia n900