Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ London
there are couple of listings on ebay for usb door. I've seen cyan and black. just bought the black one, to replace my bent one

but would that fix the problem of my usb door being slightly dug in? or is mine to do with the metal sprocket inside being too low or something like that?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jakecarberry View Post
but would that fix the problem of my usb door being slightly dug in? or is mine to do with the metal sprocket inside being too low or something like that?
Why not just order some & try it out, they're not pricey.
It's not that tricky to pop it on and off again etc.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm honestly surprised that nobody has come up with an alternate replacement USB door with a hole for the microUSB plug.
Now this I'd buy, I'm in the "stupid design" camp, I was disappointed the very first moment I saw an image of it when the phone was announced. Straight away it looked an unnecessary fiddle, and meant the chance of ever seeing an N9 dock/cradle next to zero

Looks a decent enough solution cutting the tray close to the micro USB, although I'd be concerned about the sim drawer being vulnerable then, and also couldn't cut my good conditioned one, and do the spares even come in white?

Oh, and to the OP, my OCD's would kick right in with that door, my White is not like that thankfully.

Last edited by Tetlee; 2012-03-11 at 21:02.

^Someone was planning to 3d print the mSIM and USB covers, kind of died-off though.
I hope someone runs with it again, & maybe even improves on the existing designs.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^Someone was planning to 3d print the mSIM and USB covers, kind of died-off though.
I hope someone runs with it again, & maybe even improves on the existing designs.
I hope so too, sounds like a nice little project that could probably fetch a decent little return once word spreads, as I'm sure there's a large number of us that would like such a solution.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Care to point this one out? I'd love to have some input on this... I can help out with the 3D printing.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Care to point this one out? I'd love to have some input on this... I can help out with the 3D printing.
It was in a thread complaining about the USB cover, I can't recall the exact name sorry.
I don't think he got really far at all, it was more a statement of intent than anything else IIRC.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Chennai, India
Which site provide reasonable price for USB cover..?! Does they have shipment to India..?!

Thanks..!