Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb

Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 SoC,
4” FWVGA display,
5MP camera,
and Android 4.4.1 KitKat.

The smartphone is to launch during MWC 2014 next month in Barcelona.

Whether fake or not I think Nokia would be more successful with Android and not WP.

And personally I think it's fake. How can Nokia release new phones before 2016 (with Nokia brand on them) ?

Source.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
I think that it is fake too...
It is just like a photoshoped nokia asha 503!

What I can't understand is why nokia stoped supporting maemo/meego... They should continue with these instead of going to wp and maybe giving some new breathe to the dead symbian...

This is the reason I like so much the jolla phone. It has something new, not only for hardware but for software as well! I am really bored all of these android phones and there are so many(and I hadn't used one)! The only actually difference is the harware specs.

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Yes Android is boring. Alot.
I would like to believe that Nokia will soon make a new phone with Symbian or such but that is really dreaming.

If this is true then Nokia will at least make some money in the low-end market..

And the new Asha series could be amazing if they would run Meltemi.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
I don't think that they will use symbian again.

I had a n8 and I moved to n900(what an irony) because of the disinterest of nokia and developers for symbian! It was so cool to have updates like symbian belle, and then nothing... And it was a pity because there were some really cool models out there running symbian!

As for the Meltemi(I didn't even know how it is called), I didn't like it... It is like a fake Harmattan but you can't do almost nothing! I was trying to find on an Asha 503 how to change the default memory for camera and I couldn't use it! After some tries I just gave because I was bored

@bill_klpd: Asha's don't run with Meltemi. Elop killed Meltemi before it ever saw the light of birth...

Talking about Meltemi and leaks: The only thing I'm really interested in are some pictures or facts about Meltemi

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caprico View Post
@bill_klpd: Asha's don't run with Meltemi. Elop killed Meltemi before it ever saw the light of birth...

Talking about Meltemi and leaks: The only thing I'm really interested in are some pictures or facts about Meltemi
My bad.. Sorry, but I don't really know these os's...

Which one is Asha's by the way??

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
My bad.. Sorry, but I don't really know these os's...

Which one is Asha's by the way??
Not your fault ;-) It is very confusing since Nokia makes those Asha phones look like they run some sort of MeeGo. But Ashas are actually Series 40-based (exists since 1999).

Meltemi would have been Linux based, like MeeGo. It's also confusing that Elop killed Meltemi but now they make Series 40 look like MeeGo.

But whenever I try to understand Nokia under Elop, my head starts to hurt to much

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
I remember some s40 some years ago when I was trying to play some java games in it

I can't really understand what they are trying to do there in Nokia

Can you give me the link(if there is one) about that images of Meltemi you were talking about??

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
I remember some s40 some years ago when I was trying to play some java games in it

I can't really understand what they are trying to do there in Nokia

Can you give me the link(if there is one) about that images of Meltemi you were talking about??
No pictures unfortunately. That's why I wished we would have a Meltemi-leak You'll find more about the story on the web or here: http://www.geek.com/mobile/nokia-rep...pment-1505447/

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
I would like to see Nokia come back after its 2 years of not producing phones with the following lineup

1- entry level phones (dont care about the OS)
2- mid-tier feature phones (forked Android or Asha)
3- maybe a nice/high quality android phone (to make the money on the fandroids)
4- bring back MeeGo/Maemo for the continuance of the N series