Posts: 26 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Bulgaria
I have an issue (first let me say i have both -thumb and -testing repos on, so this is probably the reason) with the microb browser.
It runs fine and smooth untill i leave it open (and don't touch the phone for few minutes) then it rises the load avreage above 10 and the phone becomes unresponsive for 1-2 minutes.
Anyone else having this issue?

Offtopic // About what's happening in Bulgaria... this is from few days back
http://www.euronews.com/2013/06/21/b...nt-protesters/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to l4m3rx For This Useful Post:
I've got an issue with my n900 and want to try and reinstall CSSU-Thumb to see if it will fix it. I went to change my battery, but was in a hurry. In my haste, I thought I'd shut the device down but really only turned the screen off. So when I removed the battery it killed a running system.

On reboot I have a number of issues:

*) What looks like some font issues with various glyphs not rendered. Sometimes there's default replacement fonts and sometimes (eg when searching for a contact) squares instead of text.

*) Conversations has lost a lot of its look and feel - a text message message is small black text on a white background with a thin black box. This could be theme corruption?

*) All my saved conversations are missing from the app. I wonder though if this is down to UI issues like the above, breaking the app. el.db (which I think contains them is of a decent size).

*) Web pages aren't rendering properly - again I think this is partly the fonts issues.

*) Otherwise it seems to be functioning no problem. All the above survived a reboot.

TMO is one of the worst affected sites. Also when I visit the CSSU-Thumb installation page from the device I just get an empty page and nothing happens. So...

Does this sound like something CSSU-Thumb reinstall will fix? If not any suggestions - I'd prefer to leave flashing as a last resort as it's my main phone, now. If so, is there a way to reinstall CSSU-Thumb using say apt-get or wget?

I've done a search but not found anything yet. I'll keep looking meantime.

Originally Posted by skanky View Post
I've got an issue with my n900 and want to try and reinstall CSSU-Thumb to see if it will fix it. I went to change my battery, but was in a hurry. In my haste, I thought I'd shut the device down but really only turned the screen off. So when I removed the battery it killed a running system.

On reboot I have a number of issues:

*) What looks like some font issues with various glyphs not rendered. Sometimes there's default replacement fonts and sometimes (eg when searching for a contact) squares instead of text.

*) Conversations has lost a lot of its look and feel - a text message message is small black text on a white background with a thin black box. This could be theme corruption?

*) All my saved conversations are missing from the app. I wonder though if this is down to UI issues like the above, breaking the app. el.db (which I think contains them is of a decent size).

*) Web pages aren't rendering properly - again I think this is partly the fonts issues.

*) Otherwise it seems to be functioning no problem. All the above survived a reboot.

TMO is one of the worst affected sites. Also when I visit the CSSU-Thumb installation page from the device I just get an empty page and nothing happens. So...

Does this sound like something CSSU-Thumb reinstall will fix? If not any suggestions - I'd prefer to leave flashing as a last resort as it's my main phone, now. If so, is there a way to reinstall CSSU-Thumb using say apt-get or wget?

I've done a search but not found anything yet. I'll keep looking meantime.

maybe try a good few reboots first. i had a few weird symbols years ago and about 5 reboots fixed it.

worth a shot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crail For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by crail View Post
maybe try a good few reboots first. i had a few weird symbols years ago and about 5 reboots fixed it.

worth a shot.
Still survived six reboots, but yes it was worth a shot, thanks.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sounds like you have some files missing. Reinstalling the theme might help. Or the fonts. You can try something like
Code:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-theme-alpha (assuming that's what you are using, substitute as necessary)
On the other hand, you might have a file system corruption. There have been plethora cases like that discussed here (the forum, not the thread), just do a search.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sounds like you have some files missing. Reinstalling the theme might help. Or the fonts. You can try something like
Code:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-theme-alpha (assuming that's what you are using, substitute as necessary)
On the other hand, you might have a file system corruption. There have been plethora cases like that discussed here (the forum, not the thread), just do a search.
Thanks, the theme does seem to have disappeared from the list. I'll try a reinstall then work on the basis that I need to fix a corrupt fs. Wasn't sure whether CSSU supplied some of these resources - but that looks to not be the case.

Still need to learn exactly what's what on the device - not had time to get into it as much as I hoped so far. That may change now I've been forced to.

Thanks, again.

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Thanks, the theme does seem to have disappeared from the list.
It's not on the "user" list. So HAM would not display it at all and FAM only if you ask it nicely (select "All packages (advanced)". Or you can use the command line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It's not on the "user" list. So HAM would not display it at all and FAM only if you ask it nicely (select "All packages (advanced)". Or you can use the command line.
Sorry I meant in the theme selector - the theme I was using, I forget the name, is no longer listed.

Working on the fs corruption now. I'll stop adding noise to this thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
I fellowed this project from its begining then I got very busy and couldnt visit the forum for around 8 months , and as I see this project has been advanced so much

what I want to ask is this still need clean install as in begining? because I see nothing about it in OP

I mean by clean install : reflash ---> installing CSSU testing ---> installing CSSU-Thumb

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to laith.m.y For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You better do an upgrade after the reflash, be it via apt-get or Hildon Package Manager before proceed to CSSU. You should then install CSSU-thumb which pulls the necessary packages from CSSU-testing repository.
Right now you need to be careful, because CSSU-testing version is higher than Thumb version, which is held back to iron out some quirks in CSSU-testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life