Posts: 42 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ United Kingdom
Does anyone know a reputable seller of N900 parts?

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
The needed temperature to burn touchscreen like this is much higher , if the CPU was able to do this , then motherboard and other plastic components inside would be melted .

Still looks like burned for me... Maybe a chemical scald. Perspiration and bacteria can finally damage plastics, especially when they are transparent.

Last edited by iHaveNoNames; 2012-04-18 at 12:58.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
N9 and N900 , the beauty and the beast

I like it!
came here to post the exact same thing!

awesome sig Dragoss91

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by iHaveNoNames View Post
Still looks like burned for me... Maybe a chemical scald. Perspiration and bacteria can finally damage plastics, especially when they are transparent.
Chemicals , especially acids can deteriorate the screen too , but it's not this case here . His screen just damaged because of using it , as gorilla glass get scratches after a long period of use , even if some people on youtube can not scratch it with knives , keys , etc.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by iHaveNoNames View Post
does your device overclocked? The screen does seem burned.
I just would like to commemomerate about the 200th time I have seen some one suggest without justification that overclocking might cause a certain problem only to have the OP instantly respond in a believable way that he hasn't been overclocking. It's a good thing, because if this OP had been overclocking the discussion would be completely on a false trail.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
i run mine at 1ghz. no burning issues. it gets pretty hot when i'm doing heavy stuff out in the sun - still no burnt off screen. it's not an overclocking issue.

want to know what heat does to a touch screen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir-MOzVggQ

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ india
My touch screen was damaged due to extensive use of stylus without screen protector.applying the screen protector can only safe for all touch screens

My screen looked like this until i sent the phone back to nokia for the usb port the be repaired - while they repaired the usb port they also put a new touch screen on without me even asking.

All this was done under warranty for free.

Since i had the screen replaced, now i use those cheap screen protectors to stop the screen flaking.

Overclocking is a randomness process. Some devices can't support a perpetual high frequency without heating, that's why I first suggested it (because it was a suggestion). Now, that does stay a pretty odd screen damage, mine just has some micro scratch, though, I rarely do use stylus.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2011 @ malaysia
one suggestions...replace touch screen digitizer...but , it may cost a little bit....