Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Downloaded OTA, I know it should work, it used to work. And flashing doesn't solve this manner, I've already tried that many times.
Edit: Solved long time ago already. Reason: When deleting maps I didn't let the app to restart. It shut, I waited a while and start it manually. That's it. I let it restart and now it works.

Last edited by szymeczek34; 2012-11-02 at 10:14.

Slightly off-topic, but does N9 map app show real-time traffic information?

Originally Posted by Val Demar View Post
Slightly off-topic, but does N9 map app show real-time traffic information?
Yes check out this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85353
You can also do the mod via N9quicktweak, tweak D.
I believe you can make it update every 5 minutes automatically.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-11-28 at 20:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Tallinn
Does not tend to work offline well if big routings:
Did awsome offline job around london and around tallinn (both maps and drive), But if i want to calculate route inside my country to 160 km away countryside, it cannot find route offline and if i switch online, it takes a long long round route. I have all settings of road types enabled. if i start calculating nearer towards same destination, no problems offline.. wierd!

The Following User Says Thank You to NDarius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Exactly what i say here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=16 and here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=18

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
That second post may or may not be true...For example, I'm from Singapore, I've tried offline routing in neighbouring countries without failure to route...

Sub-optimal routing? Well that's common even in online routing but that's another issue...

Found the possible reason: When i tried to follow the main motorway and tap the start location nearer and nearer i found this: at some point it succeeded finding route : just at some ceratin point on the motorway and forward. The motorway is on the map, but when i pinpointed the location where it no longer could find the rote on the same motorway, i zoomed in and saw: map is broken, the road just ended. when i zoom out again, road appears back.... broken maps? all updates for maps are up to date. I will try to reload the maps again later and if that does not work, i attatch some screenshots to back up my statement here.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Check the route on nokia maps in your browser, if they cant find a way then it will in no way work on your n9 nokia doesnt have the best maps around.

in browser, it works as expected, maps are not broken there. Although nokia maps is now here.net maybe something to do with that. Will try to reinstall my country map on N9 and check again

Reinstallation took care of it! Now it works again offline, and the broken spot is fixed now.

The Following User Says Thank You to NDarius For This Useful Post: