Notices

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Disagree - maybe you are in a meeting and your GF / Wife / BF / Hubby calls and you can't take the call, due to being predispositioned at work - it's nice to let them know that the call wasn't simply ignored or rejected but rather you were otherwise engaged. I had it set up so that I pressed the reject & SMS button and I had a pre-written text saying "Sorry, can't take your call right now (space for reason), will call you back ASAP". Used to have the functionality on my old N95-2 - and a very useful feature it was too, IMHO.
in case of GF/Wife/BF, it would be nice to return the call as soon as you can or write a message by yourself instead of some predefined bot-like messages.

As a side note, a guy I know created an app for Android that let you set a number, a time interval and a message.

He could then send out an annoying SMS message every 5 minutes to people who kept calling him and saying "sorry wrong number."

Quite funny if I do say so myself.

But yes, I think spamming 100s of phones all at once would probably be illegal, and if it isn't, should be. Otherwise spammers will start sending out massive messages to carriers and that would just suck.

slaapliedje

Interesting request...
A quick Bash script with a loop would be able to spam sms indefinitely.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
in case of GF/Wife/BF, it would be nice to return the call as soon as you can or write a message by yourself instead of some predefined bot-like messages.
Disagree.

A little note popping out (even if generic) saying the following could be handy:

"Really sorry to drop your call, I'm currently tied up at work and will call you as soon as I can. Drop me a text if it is urgent".
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
Interesting request...
A quick Bash script with a loop would be able to spam sms indefinitely.
if xterm is enough, just modify sms sending example from pymaemo wiki. 5 added rows should do the trick.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

What would be cool and existing under symbian for a long time is timed sms. ie: you could prepare smses for different recipient and they automatically send on predefined time. This is a very usefull app to manage a commercial team for example, or simply to write something when you have time (for example late at night) and when you don't want to forget to send it let say the next morning and so on...

The Following User Says Thank You to deed For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by deed View Post
What would be cool and existing under symbian for a long time is timed sms. ie: you could prepare smses for different recipient and they automatically send on predefined time. This is a very usefull app to manage a commercial team for example, or simply to write something when you have time (for example late at night) and when you don't want to forget to send it let say the next morning and so on...
<the missing part>

....and still want people to think that you're normal... that you don't stay awake at ungodly hour... to mess around with your cellphone....
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
This might be worth reading with regards to the legality of sms spamming:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_spam

The Following User Says Thank You to mr yoda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
You can use Alarmed to send SMS in determinated time, and repeat it when you want

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
....and still want people to think that you're normal... that you don't stay awake at ungodly hour... to mess around with your cellphone....
Haaa! so true...

You can use Alarmed to send SMS
Did not knew. Thanks for the trick, I'll have a look for that, and see if I can manage it the way I need.