Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
Hello,

I've tried to find something similar in the forum, but without success.
I've bought myself a bluetooth head set to use it in the car. But I'm also using my N900 to play music (through the 3.5mm plug) whilst driving.
Is there a way to connect the bluetooth head set to the phone, but to use it only for telefon calls and the the 3.5mm plug for all the rest?
I'm really looking forward to your answers and hope that there is a solution.

Peter

The Following User Says Thank You to Fötus For This Useful Post:
I'd be interested in the answer to this as well - I'd like my headset to talk to my office phone's bluetooth hub and just have the n900 providing the music functions. I have persuaded my Windows 7 laptop to just grab the music playing portion (including the remote control stop/play/ff/rew function) so that I can listen to music, pause & answer a phone call when it comes in.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oulu, Finland
This problem came with the PR1.1. There was a bug report about the issue, but it was discarded: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8192

There is also brainstorm about the issue. http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...nstorms_page=5.

Only doable solution at the moment I have figured out would be following:

- When 3.5 plug is connected and bluetooth is on, disable bluetooth. Stereo output would be then used.
- When phonecall is coming or initiated, enable bluetooth and connect to headset (this could be maybe possible)
- After phonecall disable bluetooth again.

I could try to do this simple and very hackish solution.

There might be some other solutions, but I don't have information how the sound routing is done inside N900 and how that could be changed. If somebody has more information I would be very interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakoleh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
Thank you for your help.
The last time I drove, I left the bluetooth switched on on the N900 and switched the head set on, when a phone call was coming in and switched it off after the end.. It worked, but it wasn't very comfortable.
It would be great to have program which switches the bluetooth on when a phonecall is coming in. (like jakoleh said)