Notices

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
I can confirm that Cleven works with reaver v1.4-r88 on zyxel, cisco, netopia routers (does are the ones I could test on).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Release of Cleven 2.4-7 in extras-devel

Some fixes from the reports given here.

Changelog:
  • FIX: Dialog with keys was closing too fast.
  • CHANGE: Removed channel option from the reaver call.
** INSTRUCTIONS for new features:
  • Add reaver, reaven.db and wash binaries in /home/user/.reaver/ and re-start Cleven for the links to be created.
  • This version of Cleven was designed to work with versions up to release r90 of reaver and wash.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Release of Cleven 2.4-7 in extras-devel

Some fixes from the reports given here.

Changelog:
  • FIX: Dialog with keys was closing too fast.
  • CHANGE: Removed channel option from the reaver call.
** INSTRUCTIONS for new features:
  • Add reaver, reaven.db and wash binaries in /home/user/.reaver/ and re-start Cleven for the links to be created.
  • This version of Cleven was designed to work with versions up to release r90 of reaver and wash.
there is a new release of reaver r100 but maby you already know that

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by g0r View Post
there is a new release of reaver r100 but maby you already know that
now it is at 105 ..

The current version of Cleven should be compatible up to r99.
At r100 the wash output is again changed so the WPS button wont work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I strongly recommend against changing the default behavior of the alias function from mon0 to wlan0 , mon alias's where intended for device binding and for other reasons. Atleast not in your matured releases anyways.

Originally Posted by mmaadx View Post
I strongly recommend against changing the default behavior of the alias function from mon0 to wlan0 , mon alias's where intended for device binding and for other reasons. Atleast not in your matured releases anyways.
Please explain more, I don't know what you mean.

I don't think I've changed the default behaviour and for sure I have never used in any release mon0.

You would use monX for monitoring alias's.
monX as apposed to wlanX. wlan0 should only be used to identify a specific wireless ethernet interface where as mon0 should be used when a interface is mapped to a program function. Alias's can be bound to two or more different devices for example when using host mode. Or when using two or more different configurations of drivers/settings or both/more of the earlier.

ps: distros are also moving away from using device specific interface alias's and only using them for debugging as well.

Last edited by mmaadx; 2012-01-17 at 23:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmaadx For This Useful Post:
Erm, to be honest, I still don't get Your rationale (i.e. why *we* should not use 'wlan0'), but it's possible that it's just due to my lack of knowledge. Could You please elaborate on it more verbosely, providing example of at least one situation (in case of our device), when using 'wlan0' for monitoring purposes could break something?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The settings have always been interchangeable with driver configurations.
This is the sole reason mon0 was created in aircrack. For instance using madwifi (as example) injection drivers could be loaded for mon0 and then subsequently mon1 linked to the same interface(wlan0/X) could stay put in raw packet capture mode.

Use cases are really dependent on what you are trying to do and driver capability.
The entire point of device interface alias's is so that each subsequent alias can retain its own configuration variables.

In other words some advanced configurations rely on that of device alias's.

One use case i can think of off the top of my head would be if i wanted to use mon0 for cleven/Fas with injection and then mon1 for wireshark weakIV silver/gold/platinum packet counting.

Another use case would be different assigned mac address's for each alias. Note: I've seen this used in some advanced chopchop attacks and worked well on some routers, on others not so well.

I'm sure there are other use cases that are as equally important however that haven't come to mind.

All im really saying is, if you want to eventually integrate more advanced attacks in the future and you want to grow., its best to stick with tradition, keeping mon0 around where you can.

Last edited by mmaadx; 2012-01-18 at 01:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mmaadx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Think I've fixed the single and double quotes. Could you please check again?

The deauthentication button sends five deauthentication requests to the AP and then closes.
The Deauth button still not working on BSSIDs with quotes , plus the button is useless if not used with -c , it won't capture any handshake on WPA2 . is there any way to get some client mac and send the deauth with the -c ?

or a better way would be . when pressing "deauth" a text box appears to enter the -c mac , then send the deauth

a nice feature would be implementing john-the-rapper with the decryption modes

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver