Posts: 27 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Accra Ghana
JAN900...Just Another N900...Hype, sell, abandon users...Nokia #fail

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
the only good thing this phone has is its OS which is meego, everything else for me is not good. sorry Nokia, no keyboard killed it for me.

Originally Posted by mbo View Post
http://thehandheldblog.com/2011/06/2...ability-india/

Is this for real or is this a joke?
Hmm that is interesting.
Somebody mentioned N9 would not come to the first countries to get WP. Supposedly the first patch of Windows Phones got almost identical phone shell wise to N9 coming out.

N900 was very big in Finland, the land of Nokia and linux so i could now actually see why WP wont find it's way here Finland on the first wave while N9 will.
Leave N9 out of the markets where it's not even worth it and Nokia is pushing WP hard.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-21 at 08:26.

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Just for clarification: the whole thing about future disruptions is about what comes after the N9, not the N9 itself. The N9 is very much about world's firsts: all-screen phone, webkit2 browser, 8 MPIX camera with 16:9 wide angle lens, Dolby Headset support...
I'll give you the 16:9 lens and Dolby Headset, but...

1. The N900 was Nokia's first all-screen phone. Why so many people are concentrating on this aspect as new is spooky.

2. Is the webkit2 browser really better than microb? Really?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
just watched that 4 minute vid, and i think its an EPIC phone. too bad I want a tablet. be good as a second device just as a phone.!! I like it!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
F**k!!! Still no integrated toaster!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
looks a great device but after a long wait, not a worthy successor to n900. People expected something like this about an year ago not at the end of 2011. Lets see if it will suffer from performance issues like n900 or have nokia learned their lesson

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
The device looks really sexy, so thumbs up for the design departement. The specs would have been great a year ago, especially CPU and GPU.
So a major disappointment here, especially for this community.
I will still buy it if the UI runs absolutely fluid with no hickups and the browser is fast.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Just had a look at the UI hand-ons demo in youtube...it looks nice but lacks the user creativeness feel of the n900? From what i can see, you can no longer customize a set of desktops with widgets etc...?

Can anyone confirm this, because at the moment the phone UI looks like a combination of win7phone and iphone....

The Following User Says Thank You to nathaneous For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????