I tried to seach here and found nothing on this subject. N9 phone when connected with bluetooth for audio the music cuts out randomly. Very annoying when listening to music via Nokia wireless music receiver at work and my Pioneer head unit in the car. I saw a similar bug (bug #125) and contributed to it as people were having probs with the headsets too. From what I gathered it may be an issue with WI-FI scanning. Nokia has very little to say about this other than the fact that there seems to be no resolve as well as hardly responding. That there are compromises to be made either to WI-FI music connectivity or music quality. I don't know too much about this, but I was wondering if anyone had some insight to this and possibly a quick hack that would make things easier for the time being or a fix in general? Thanks all for your contributions.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
We've been trying to get them to be more responsive in that report (#125).
Some workarounds have been suggested, but so far they're still not biting.
If anyone has a fix/workaround that's relatively easy for them to implement.
Then please do add you ideas in that report!!

Hate to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have interest in looking into this? Donations will be paid Thank you everyone!

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
+1

10char

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
strange, all my bluetooth headphones working ecellent. no problems.

I get this when I have my bluetooth audio connected and I use the GPS at the same time. I paired my phone with my car stereo and it works great until I use Maps or Drive. I believe the GPS radial is somehow interfering with the BT connection. At least in my experience this is the only time I have issues with BT audio.

Usually I listen music with Bose Ie2 connected direct to the device (without bt-module) and only sometimes with the Nokia Bluetooth Headset Bh-214. With this bt-set and having the N9 near to me I've several times the same issue like @justadude, while this never happened with the same bt-set and N900. IMHO the bluetooth-connection (or -chip?) was way better with the N900.

Last edited by delmar; 2012-03-30 at 12:19.

i have the BH-905i and it stutters and goes in and on when there is a low wifi signal, even when moving out form the wifi signal it does the same thing, ive also tried with the N8 and i get better range with that than the N9, so something must be wrong.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Could be related to the cpu load. When high, random cuts.

Maybe it is possible to increase the priority of the BT process using some trick. Just a random thought.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
strange, all my bluetooth headphones working ecellent. no problems.
And tha would be strange because you experienced those problems in the past?