I had this problem with both IMAP and Gmail accounts. MfE on was fine. Deleting and recreating the accounts (minus MfE) fixed it for me at least.

Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
Small Update.

I also deleted my accounts and created them again. I have one GMAIL account(configured as "other email account" using IMAP) and another email account of the domain I have (also IMAP).

The gmail account shows the number when there is a new email, but the other one doesn't....

I concur with vitaminj: there is a speed improvement when deleting and creating the accounts again.
I have an almost identical setup (Gmail + another IMAP) with the same result.

I am experiencing this with both of my email accounts. One is set up as IMAP and the other as POP.

Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
Hi,

I updated two days ago to PR1.3 and since then I have realized, that the email app does not show when there is a new email.

Well, in the Wallpaper and Feed screen, I get the mail notification. Anyhow, when I enter the mail app, each of my emails accounts say "up-to-date" and no "blue circle" with the new emails number is there.

Anyone had this problem?

I did a reinstallation of the sofware yesterday (reinstall completely over Nokia Suite) and it did not help.

Thanks a lot!
Same problem here after the update at 1.3, + after 3 day the SMS don't apear anymore. After reflash everything ok 2 days and then the mail problem reapear...

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Taipei. Taiwan, R.O.C.
Same here.

I've tried everything including deleting accounts, resetting device, reinstalling system, and removing the /home/user/.qmf folder. All of them just work at beginning then the same problem comes again after next sync.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
strange i do update OTA, and the email work like a charm(lag when email comes actually)

I have the same problem with PR1.3 and mail IMAP accounts - no update circle or counts. gmail via mail for exchange works fine.

Last edited by gawga_boy; 2012-07-12 at 11:44.

Uh-oh, I have the exact issue mentioned in the original post: no count of new messages since a few days after I updated to PR 1.3. I have one Gmail account, one Yahoo account, and no MfE accounts. Additionally, I have to click on the 'All Messages' button to see the newly-arrived mail, otherwise it stays hidden. Not a huge problem since the notification system still works, but still something I'd like to see fixed.

And yes, as a former n900 owner, these mail problems seem all too familiar. Why is this such an issue with Nokia?

Wow, I didn't notice the imap problem until this thread. .mostly using my mail for exchange account and less volume on my imap Account. I Have to open the mailbox to see the new mails. They don't show up on the mail app summary screen

Did someone managed to correct the problem?