Notices

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
The translations in your first screenshot do work, the problem is probably in whichever way you tested it. For a proper test, you should have Qt Linguist and gettext installed, run "make rpm", which also generates the translations files from po files, and install the resulting RPM. This might not work on the device (gettext too old?), I make the RPMs on my desktop Linux system.
Thanks! I'll try make on my desktop.

The time remaining ("1 h 34 m / 1 h 34 m") is used for brevity. "1 h 34 min / 1 h 34 min" would be split across two lines, at least on the Jolla 1 screen. I'm open to better suggestions.
"h" and "m" is absolutely okay, I just wanted to translate to the Swedish equivalent (t and m). Other languages might have other equivalents.

TThe navigation instructions come in most cases from the provider APIs. The providers don't support all languages. Mapzen supports cs-CZ (cs), de-DE (de), en-US (en), en-US-x-pirate (pirate), es-ES (es), fr-FR (fr), hi-IN (hi), it-IT (it) and MapQuest Open en_US, en_GB, fr_CA, fr_FR, de_DE, es_ES, es_MX, ru_RU. OSRM is English only and Digitransit translated as part of Poor Maps.
Sadly, just as I suspected.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Spain
Originally Posted by eson View Post
Sadly, just as I suspected.
Hi eson! If you use OSM Scout Server and translate it to Swedish language, you will get full translation in Poor Maps

Originally Posted by carmenluci View Post
Hi eson! If you use OSM Scout Server and translate it to Swedish language, you will get full translation in Poor Maps
Thanks! I will do that. I'm actually halfway through that translation.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Thanks! I will do that. I'm actually halfway through that translation.
Hmm... American road classification is really hard to transfer into European conditions.
Ideas anyone?

Edit:
Think I found something. This might be helpful also for other translators...
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features#Highway

Last edited by eson; 2017-01-07 at 10:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Think I found something. This might be helpful also for other translators...
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features#Highway
Thanks. I got stuck on this kinds of roads some time ago. It will help to finish translation.

The Following User Says Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
"h" and "m" is absolutely okay, I just wanted to translate to the Swedish equivalent (t and m). Other languages might have other equivalents.
Time strings are now translatable. The shortening remains not translatable, it's always to the first letter of the unit label. New strings at Transifex.

https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-map...0ffee17770de2b

Polish and Russian translations are incomplete. I could wait a while if someone wants to finish those and then make a release.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
0.28.1 released with German (Germany), Spanish (Spain), French, Dutch and Swedish translations. Thanks to all translators. I left out the incomplete Polish, Russian and Italian translations.

Transifex doesn't seem to show comments prominently, but translators please note that "translator-credits" should be translated to your own name, it will show up in the about dialog. If you want to remain anonymous, then of course you can use "Anonymous" or "Translator" or something.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
I finished the italian translation, it should be overall ok.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Hello there since last jolla update 2.1.0.9 poor maps cant access maps from OSM Scout Server now.

And on Navigation settings a change does nothing.... in this example
i tried to click on OSM

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
I'll probably upgrade on the weekend and take a look then. I'd expect some amount of breakage due to the switch to Qt 5.6.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post: