Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Flash-A-Holic View Post
Not bad idea at all. I believe that it could be extra perk in Indiegogo?
Thank you for your suggestion, and thanks for your thread on XDA. I'm not very active there, not having enough time managing different forums...

It's hard to put this as a perk - If it's cheap others will go for it, if it's expensive that doesn't make sense.

But I wouldn't mind doing a few laser engraved special editions for the members that been always supportive.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Please reconsider the "useless" keys decision. There are lot of people with non-latin layout needs.
Also, "+1" to the additional Ctrl on the right mention/request.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wx9 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I personally won't mind opening slider to take pics. This is unfortunately the sacrifice to have comfort typing experience.

I am aware that Lenovo has build this before, however if it is a really good product why they did not release it? In fact there is even no pics. I highly doubt if they made it in a commercial level.
I don't work for Motorola but I went to the hackathons and met a lot of their engineers and I would guess the reason they didn't release a lot of their in-house products is to allow others to build and release them. If they build all the mods it would be like Apple building all the apps in the app store; it would not foster 3rd party involvement.

Also, there is no reason why someone else couldn't make a qwerty slider which does not obscure the camera, or a portrait slider, or a slider like the Nokia E70, or a slider with IR blaster.

I am glad you are building the mod the way you think it should be built. That is the beauty of their open platform. I can't wait for you to launch. Good luck.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kingstu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wx9 View Post
Please reconsider the "useless" keys decision. There are lot of people with non-latin layout needs.
Also, "+1" to the additional Ctrl on the right mention/request.
Thank you! The plan was to have non-latin layout follow the EN keyboard. And again if EN is successful...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Regarding battery, there are 2 sides of direction:
- Adding additional battery, which will obviously chunkier. However, if the base (Mod) is chunky enough, the engineer can add 2 hinges on the sliding part and user will be able to lift the screen up.
To be honest, I wouldn't consider buying one unless it was well balanced, so the option above is the only option for me. I'll be rooting for you either way though of course.

TOHKBD for me was fun for a while but as I said before I didn't use it all the time because the keys were much too hard to press and didn't travel very far, and the balance was off.

Both of those things could be solved by having a thicker/heavier base. A nice slider hinge would be amazing too. Don't underestimate how much the feel and balance of the device will affect the user experience (and sales beyond the first batch).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
If you ask this community, i expect thickness of the device not to be the show stopper.
Just look at the pyra or pd pocket.
Battery life however is at least my concern.
Adding a Kbd to the device will make me use it more often than the manufacturer calculated "get through the day" with one battery load activity pattern.
Any additional 1000-2000mAH would be greatly appreciated to not become a wall or powerbank hugger.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
For those who are ambitious, why not create a "sailfish mod" where you slap on a processor and have it run an app that launches sailfish and it can access many of the resources of the phone?
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I hope it is ok if i forward the campaign update chen sent out some minutes ago.

- Info on the sliding part
- Colors to choose from
- Ambitious lauchdate 3rd of March
- Plan is to deliver as early as June/July

Wow is left to say.

EDIT, as commented below, here is the original Twitter Channel with animated slider part for possible 45° awesomeness!

Last edited by mosen; 2017-02-26 at 10:42.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I hope it is ok if i forward the campaign update chen sent out some minutes ago.

- Info on the sliding part
- Colors to choose from
- Ambitious lauchdate 3rd of March
- Plan is to deliver as early as June/July

Wow is left to say.
Thank you! Apart from the animation not moving it's all what I want to share here as well! For the animation please refer to Twitter @livermoriumltd

And thank you Mosen again. The amount of work is tough but I am and will do the best.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
You have my full support.
Last humble advice from captain obvious, if you want to do one thing right that everybody in your field ended up doing *suboptimal*:
Please give weekly (or at least reliably regular) campaign updates.
Saturday/Sunday night is a good time so everybody can share the hell out of it during the week.

No matter how tiny you think the topics or advancements are, telling your supporters which 3 key points made up your last week are crucial part of your one man shows PR & Marketing imho.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-02-26 at 13:34. Reason: typos

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
crowdfunding, hwkbd, tainted love