Active Topics

Poll: What phone would you rather have?
Poll Options
What phone would you rather have?

i really like the looks of it, just beautiful - big brother of n9 (hardware-wise)...
if that phone was coming out with meego on it, i would buy it right away.

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
In the US T-Mobile gives the Lumia 710 away for free... Piece of ****. Windows was a dead OS without Nokia.
Last I had checked (a month ago) it showed they'd give it to you for 20 bucks when renewing a 2 year contract. I was looking 'cause I was thinking of picking up the C7, which they no longer have on their page, but it's at the Walmart near by, and twice I've tried getting it there, but the first it was too busy (during Christmas Shopping) and second time, the normal guy that does phone contracts was gone.

But even at 20 dollars... I didn't want to encourage Elop's insanity, so I would refuse it even for free

I want to see the whole deal between MS and Nokia burn like Elop called MeeGo/Qt/Maemo a burning platform.

Seriously the largest corporate blunder I have seen in my life time. I mean even worse than Commodore's lack of R&D funding and Marketing, and Atari's out right lack of Marketing and gathering developers that killed both of them.

On the other hand I'd like to see Microsoft perish the same way, unfortunately the have tons of Marketing and R&D (even though I have a strong belief that a lot of their developers purposely sabotage Windows because they are pissed off that the managers don't listen to their good ideas, because everyone claims that MS hires the most gifted programmers, yet Windows is a steaming pile of....

Sorry for the rant, it's bed time, and I've had too many random nonsensical issues with Windows lately! For example, using a Mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter going through my Receiver to my TV. The Audio would work during the speaker test, setting it to the 5.1 surround... but NO WHERE else. Including the Windows alert sounds!

How does that make any sense at all?

Anyhow, rant over, again I apologize for going off topic....

slaapliedje

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Last I had checked (a month ago) it showed they'd give it to you for 20 bucks when renewing a 2 year contract. I was looking 'cause I was thinking of picking up the C7, which they no longer have on their page, but it's at the Walmart near by, and twice I've tried getting it there, but the first it was too busy (during Christmas Shopping) and second time, the normal guy that does phone contracts was gone.

But even at 20 dollars... I didn't want to encourage Elop's insanity, so I would refuse it even for free

I want to see the whole deal between MS and Nokia burn like Elop called MeeGo/Qt/Maemo a burning platform.

Seriously the largest corporate blunder I have seen in my life time. I mean even worse than Commodore's lack of R&D funding and Marketing, and Atari's out right lack of Marketing and gathering developers that killed both of them.

On the other hand I'd like to see Microsoft perish the same way, unfortunately the have tons of Marketing and R&D (even though I have a strong belief that a lot of their developers purposely sabotage Windows because they are pissed off that the managers don't listen to their good ideas, because everyone claims that MS hires the most gifted programmers, yet Windows is a steaming pile of....

Sorry for the rant, it's bed time, and I've had too many random nonsensical issues with Windows lately! For example, using a Mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter going through my Receiver to my TV. The Audio would work during the speaker test, setting it to the 5.1 surround... but NO WHERE else. Including the Windows alert sounds!

How does that make any sense at all?

Anyhow, rant over, again I apologize for going off topic....

slaapliedje
I agree with you, but the T-Mobile at Costco and the T-Mobile at Walmart and the T-Mobile stores are giving them away free with a new 2 year contract from what I've seen, and from my experiences, no one wants them.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
back on... i did have to choose between the two and i finally decided to go with the N9.... its dead cos theres no other phones coming with this os. But Its also unique for the same reason. But thats the way i see it...

The Following User Says Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
txh,

i have each n9, and lumia 800, and i can not wait for luma 900!

my n9s(black,white64gb) are both collecting dust in my closet. lumia 800 is a joy to use with fresh, vibrant OS in windows 7.5. nokia is bringing updates out quite frequently for any issues which may become.

n9, just got boring to use. lumia 800 feels fresh everyday.
give it to me ur n9, rather than collecting dust on ur closet

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i will prefer N9. great OS and also great community.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
txh,

i have each n9, and lumia 800, and i can not wait for luma 900!

my n9s(black,white64gb) are both collecting dust in my closet. lumia 800 is a joy to use with fresh, vibrant OS in windows 7.5. nokia is bringing updates out quite frequently for any issues which may become.

n9, just got boring to use. lumia 800 feels fresh everyday.
if you love lumia and WP then why you are here ? go to another community. its a Maemo and MeeGo community not Winodws.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Can I transfer files between my linux box/WP phone over USB?
I don't need live tiles and all that crap, I need basic functionality to get things done. So it's N9 for me.

N9 without a doubt! The Skype video calling looked very nice on Windows phone though, but we'll probably have Skype video calling on the N9 soon too one way or another.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
i would choose n900 or 808

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post: