Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
a compatibility layer would be much better!

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I've been interested in this for a while. Anything happening? I'd downloaded a verson of Windows 8 DE almost two years ago, but have no idea what to do (about any development, really) to get it running.
Theres almost no good forum for the idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to bradvesp For This Useful Post:
but really, what I'm looking for is a SkyDrive link on this thing whether it runs through Windows 8, Maemo, Debian, Nemo,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bradvesp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
All are intrested but noone bothering

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
seems like developers are not interested in Porting it. and by they way Nemo mobile is far better than Windows crap. and windows 8 su*ks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Why do you guys keep on saying stuff like this? That Nemo is better or if they port Win 8 RT I'll sell my N900, blah blah... N900 is a hacker device.. It's made for this kind of thing.. The more things like this the longer life wpan of this device will be... If noone works on such cool ports as this then the N900 will cease to exist (there will be no interest in the N900 anymore)... We should be encouraging such activities and not shoot it down because of fanboyism...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Yup devlopers we shoud check the new lady in town
i love halfbaked things

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Why do you guys keep on saying stuff like this? That Nemo is better or if they port Win 8 RT I'll sell my N900, blah blah... N900 is a hacker device.. It's made for this kind of thing.. The more things like this the longer life wpan of this device will be... If noone works on such cool ports as this then the N900 will cease to exist (there will be no interest in the N900 anymore)... We should be encouraging such activities and not shoot it down because of fanboyism...
i also want more ports to N900 but i know not a single Maemo developer/hacker is interested in it. that's because when Symbian^3 codes were leacked I urged developers/hackers to port it to N900 but not a single developer/hacker was interested in it. Same thing also applies with Windows RT port.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
pointless ...
I also don't think it's pointless. I would really be interested to revive one of my dead N900, just as a tablet pc, it would be really awesome.

But... HTC HD2 have a built in Windows bootloader (N900 have a Linux one), also the CPU in the HD2 is more powerfull. I don't think you can have a good W8 experience on that low hardware (Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz runs W8 pretty rough...) also you have to think about the GPU... W8 requires some visual memory to run animations smooth...

We are taking about rt here @^^ or say wp
and i am expecting halfbaked

Tags
windows 8, windows 8 rt