- Scrolling anywhere is like a bunch of mini seizures, really close together. In other words, garbage. Why the hell is this not perfectly smooth like the iPhone? It's the same hardware.
- Desktop widgets are cool but take facebook and news...you get 2-3 lines that keep scrolling and no way to make the widget larger. Completely useless.
- Try playing music and going online at the same time. The choppy scrolling gets even worse. Can I still scroll in the browser? Yeah. Is it painful as hell? Yeah.

These are valid points guys. I love the N900 to bits and have been waiting to get it. These are valid points we really have to consider and look at with open eyes instead of getting all defensive whenever someone brings up a valid concern.

if music playing lags the system up, does that not concern you guys at all?

despite the promises of patches and stuff, even current OS like Symbian are flawed and slow at times. just thought i would bring that up. : /

also, things like the facebook widget etc., these are things firmware cant fix. if the maemo crew never let us resize widgets, then the widgets will be useless.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to archzai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
lol, somebody doesn't know how to create playlists I'd say.

so please learn to use the device first. it isn't iPhone so obivously it doesn't work like one....
I know how to make playlists buddy. Unfortunately if it takes you forever to make one I don't think it counts as a playlist.

As far as syncing, wtf is the ovi suite and why does it coexist with the pcsuite?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megacrazy For This Useful Post:
funny...

there is a thread dedicated for new owners and their experiences and you choose to create your own whine-thread..

i guess it just means that you are desperately looking for attention..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raubtier For This Useful Post:
It's a UI issue, the same problem plagued the n800/n810's default media player. You have to experiment or look/ask here to find it (I think I remember myself doing that when I first got the n800 too in Dec 2007).. wow it's been two years.

Don't know why the TC is experiencing browser issues, I haven't seen anything like that even in the multi-tasking videos. As for lack of applications and widgets, have you enabled extras? As of now extras is disabled until the 1.1 firmware update. As more time comes by we'll see more applications from extras and as soon as something like EasyDebian for Fremantle is ready you'll be able to use Debian and some of its applications.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Thought the flash video Issue was fixed with the retail firmware (lags etc.)?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Central Valley, California, USA
Why does reading this thread make me feel as if I'm listening to a manic-depressive? My conclusion is that, um...he hates the phone but will enjoy it very much. Uh, and that the phone is complete and utter garbage that appeals to his inner geek. Time to adjust the medications?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lschumanfcoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post

As a geek I will definitely enjoy the phone...but for normal people this will fall waaaaaay short, especially when you can go get an iphone for 200$ that can actually scroll smoothly.
An iPhone for $200? Where? I will buy 10 and make a killing!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
No I would walk around the car first and make sure I was getting what I thought I was getting. There have been dozens and dozens of demo vids posted before the phone came out. If you jumped on thinking it would be an iphone killer then you are an idiot, the phone was never touted as that. The lack of apps has LONG been known, creating a playlist has already been explained.

I bid $350
In which the scrolling is perfectly smooth. I have watched them.

Please point out where I said iPhone killer.

This is a phone that is being sold by Nokia as a flagship device. I am therefore within logical bounds to assume that it will compare to other flagship devices and not crap its pants every time I try to scroll.

Also, the fact that I bring up concerns after using the phone for some time and some people around here get all defensive and call me a whiner makes you guys a bunch of fools. Exactly the kind of fools that Nokia needs to keep buying garbage products.

Again, as a gadget, the N900 is great. As a phone that is supposed to be bought by many many people it falls flat on its face.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Megacrazy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
I think you are confusing a reality check with complaining.

Would you buy a car with 3 wheels only because the last wheel was in development? Don't worry it's coming in version 1.1. The point is that Nokia has been pulling this crap with all their phones lately. They keep pumping out phones and none of them are any good. Well guess what, this one sucks too.

As a geek I will definitely enjoy the phone...but for normal people this will fall waaaaaay short, especially when you can go get an iphone for 200$ that can actually scroll smoothly.

Perhaps Megacrazy in an odd rough sort of way reflects what a lot of smartphoning, iPhone expecting type of people will also say.

Heck, Mega did not even bring up no portrait mode for messaging or lack of MMS- that will be posted by the smarthoners.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, Texas
For anyone who doesn't know how to make playlists - read page 74 of your manual.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fphillips For This Useful Post:

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever