Active Topics

Notices

I'm more interested, why the hell installing fCam drivers change exposure of stock camera-ui and camera-ui2 photos? Any technical explanation to this phenomena?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Once again I found camera-ui2 not finishing videos and leaving them corrupt. Should I upload the video?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Is there a fix for the slow launch of camera-ui2 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
Seems that only way to refocus during recording is to press camera button half-way.
If continuous autofocus is not possible, maybe option to refocus after n seconds?
Even focus button on display makes refocusing lot easier as it not easy to half-press camera button when you use some case on your phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Once again I found camera-ui2 not finishing videos and leaving them corrupt. Should I upload the video?
I have the same issue, videos not finishing. It does not matter if they are HD or lower, on internal or external card. I have CSSU-thumb latest version, and I tried to changed the overclock to 250 600 limits but this would not fix the issue.

Sometimes the videos would finish, but most of the time they don't after pressing stop video recording. Then when I try to close the camera UI I get "Camera is not responding".

I would appreciate any hints to solve this issue as I cannot use video recording anymore.

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
I found a workaround (that works for me) to finish the videos and thus avoid camera UI freezing when stopping video recording: instead of stopping the video with stop button, press display to exit full screen and then press upper left corner to minimize camera. At this moment camera enters in standby and the video recording stops correctly. So?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
Seems like tons of bugs (counting already existing ones), and camera-ui2 doesn't seem to be maintained anymore, sadly. Anyone with coding skills willing to pick it up?

Seriously, it's so broken in so many places, that if not for HD video recording being allowed by replacement camera-ui only (in convenient way, at least), I would opt for removing it from CSSU.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Seems like tons of bugs (counting already existing ones), and camera-ui2 doesn't seem to be maintained anymore, sadly. Anyone with coding skills willing to pick it up?

Seriously, it's so broken in so many places, that if not for HD video recording being allowed by replacement camera-ui only (in convenient way, at least), I would opt for removing it from CSSU.

/Estel
Hmm, are those bugs on BMO? As it was me and Pali to maintain the camera-ui lately, the last commit is a week or so old. Not to say that I don't think nicolai will refuse to help if we ask him. Please, open bugs on BMO, it is there for a reason.

https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?q...arch=camera-ui

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
You're absolutely right, I'll try to prepare list of known issues and do my own tests to check if I can reproduce all of them, then submit list via BMO. Well, as time permits anyway :|

It would be great to see our little FOSS camera-ui purged of (at least critical) bugs, so I encourage others to do the same (you will probably get to it faster than I could).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I have an idea how to improve camera-ui. A script could be run before and after recording (e.g. to automatically OC the device for HD recording)

I might code and make a merge request, but
1. When should be the system(...) call made
2. Where should the scripts be located?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle