Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I am still testing this app and haven't got any consistency with the alarm as yet. Sometimes it seems to activate and sometimes it doesn't. I will try and see if I can find something a little more concrete and specific.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by assetburned View Post
hi... hmm ok 49 pages to much to read. just let me mention some things i recognised after just installing your app.

first off all, if you are either in the options or in the menu to setup the alarm... you should make it clearly visible how o get back to the clock view. took me a while to find a way and i'm still not sure if swiping is the right way to get back.

any chance to have an option to choose a playlist as something that should be played, instead of just one MP3?
and one addition to this could be to make it user selectable if the playlist should be played in order or randomly.

cu assetburned
ps. if something was mentioned before and _not_ ignored then ignore this please, if not then see it as a feature request. :-)
It's not my app, I am just the #1 fan of this app!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
@Jolouis, somehow I activated the "timer" mode. How did I do that?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Mississauga, ON
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
@Jolouis, somehow I activated the "timer" mode. How did I do that?
The timer mode is when you flip to the left of the clock page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spenc3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
We're still hacking away at the FM radio for the N900 (what a pain that is! anyways we're making progress at least...). In the mean time:

first off all, if you are either in the options or in the menu to setup the alarm... you should make it clearly visible how o get back to the clock view. took me a while to find a way and i'm still not sure if swiping is the right way to get back.
I agree the methodology of "changing screens" is a bit un-intuitive the first time you use the app. Swiping is the correct method, by the way (we like to use finger gestures as much as possible to help keep the interface clean). Eventually we'll get to publishing some help/documentation, we're just not there yet.

"any chance to have an option to choose a playlist as something that should be played, instead of just one MP3?
and one addition to this could be to make it user selectable if the playlist should be played in order or randomly."

On the alarm screen press the "Sound" button; it will change to "Folder". (if you have an N800 it will say FM; just press it again to get to Folder). This is the "playlist" mode, where you have fixed and random ordering options. It doesn't actually use a playlist (though that may be implemented as another option in the future), but simply generates a "playlist" based on all of the mp3 files in the target directory.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
a bug for me on the N900 is that if you set insomniac mode over night - in the morning after you have closed the app the screen timeout does not work and so it is left on all of the time. So far, the only way around this for me is to go into N900 settings and change the timeout values. It doesn't even reset on a reboot either.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
a bug for me on the N900 is that if you set insomniac mode over night - in the morning after you have closed the app the screen timeout does not work and so it is left on all of the time. So far, the only way around this for me is to go into N900 settings and change the timeout values. It doesn't even reset on a reboot either.
This is a known bug, and Insomniac mode SHOULD NOT be used on N900s right now. If you guys run into anything else, please be sure to file a bug in the bugtracker so that we can keep on top of things.

Others have mentioned that you can restore your brightness settings/functionality by going to the brightness controls and changing the dim time/brightness level; this will restore normal functionality as I understand it...

The open bug for N900 Insomniac mode is here:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=851&atid=3189

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
jolouis: does the current N8x0 version have nixie tube mode?

I am still using an old version that has nixie tube mode, and I won't upgrade if I will lose them....

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post

murts - Forced option for headphone/speaker/auto... I could do that... I'll add it to the "todo" list... That was one of my original gripes with the build in alarm app (that I couldn't get it to play anything BUT the built-in speaker), but I can understand the usage scenario...
Jolouis, thanks for considering this, I still use the app every night and think it's fabulous, having the alarm come out of the speaker whould complete it for me. Thanks again.

hey guys i installed this great app pn my n900 but didnt read the 49 pages before i did lol....
i used the imsomniac mode and now my back light stays on as is a known bug so how can i fix it now?
thanks!! and great work!!