Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Simple question - how can I achieve the above?

Answering a call when the phone is in my pockets it beginning to annoy me - it seems it gets confused and rotates, lags, etc. and I keep missing phonecalls holding the phone to my head screaming HELLO?! when I haven't even picked up the call.

Thanks

EDIT:

Solved. Phone Speaker Switcher (apt-get install psswitcher) has such a function.

Last edited by Kieron; 2010-11-10 at 19:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
I support this idea as i feel a hard key is required to pick and cut calls.. it is much faster and easier that way.. using camera or preferrable power button is good

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
I'd also like that. Perhaps shortcutd could be used for that? It has the option to launch custom shell commands. Does anyone what would be needed?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Shortcutd will allow you hangup. But as far as I know not pick up. Have you seen that?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39160

x

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I've seen shortcutd, but picking up is what I'm interested in. And yes, any hardware button will do!

IIRC phone speakers switcher allows use of cam key to end call (possibly answer too) - but that is in addition to the on-screen control options rather than instead of it.

EDIT - just checked, it supports answer too.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
IIRC phone speakers switcher allows use of cam key to end call (possibly answer too) - but that is in addition to the on-screen control options rather than instead of it.

EDIT - just checked, it supports answer too.
I just tried it, but I'm not happy with that solution. It does answer the call, but turns on the speakers at the same time.

For shortcutd, a possible solution has been discussed in this thread.

how about solving another annoyance for me...no decent phone button either on home screen or after you single click to get to the option for phone.

I know single click takes you to more options, double click to lock device...would it be possible to make triple click open phone for making a call?

You can lock the device with the side switch, so you could remap double click to open the phone app if you wanted.