Active Topics

I am seriously thinking on giving up on n900, Nokia is sending me back my broken N900 so I can send it to amazon and still get full refund. So the Question is should I buy the new one again, I am very scared for charger problem to pop up again, and what we will really get in 1.3 bc again is 400$ device!!!
I am considering Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro, or even n97.

Last edited by tomislav; 2010-10-16 at 12:50.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Well, there is really really nothing you can compare to N900... Because N900 is a mobile-computer as said many other times by many other people, and the things you got in mind are just smartphones...
The decision is yours, and perhaps if you need a smartphone, they are really good choices... So is iPhone... And N900 would not be a good choice for you because it's much more than them and has things you don't need.

But in my opinion, stick with N900.

Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
Well, there is really really nothing you can compare to N900... Because N900 is a mobile-computer as said many other times by many other people, and the things you got in mind are just smartphones...
The decision is yours, and perhaps if you need a smartphone, they are really good choices... So is iPhone... And N900 would not be a good choice for you because it's much more than them and has things you don't need.

But in my opinion, stick with N900.
I dont think that I can compare Iphone with N900, is totally two different things, I have used Iphone for so many times, and it is very impressive phone, but its not like n900.

Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
I am very scared
Sure, you should give up on it. It's a phone, not a spouse.

The n900 is what it is. If you're not loving it now, you're not very likely to love it some point in the future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
I think the physical keyboard is certainly a n900 advantage from many other phone where you need to use the screen keyboard all the time... i got my missus a cheap android and the 3 things i cannot get use to are:
- screen keyboard
- application cannot be terminated and closed down
- and many apps seem to try to get your geolocation from your wifi when they could simply get it from the built-in gps or a-gps signal, this is serious google really needs to stop building this kind of personal information.

resuming, i kind of like android but would not buy one for myself for the main reasons above

Iphone's i like the clean look of them, the amount of apps and there seem to be lot of iphone jailbreaking going on (e.g. people running other os's, etc) but PAPA jobs gives me the impression that he wants to dominate the world with his fashion expensive gadgets by dictating what we can install/run or share with others, on devices that we consumers have payed for with our hard working money and for that reason alone PAPA jobs will never see my money, or my recommendation to others or for that matter my respect.
e.g. wanted to share something with the friend and the iphone would not allow us to blue-tooth the stuff across, what a pile of crap PAPA jobs devices are
PAPA jobs also seems to try to dictate what developers can do with their apps, and as we seen in recent times he catches that headlines to twists the facts and brainwash a few more consumers... just unbelievable.

About the N900, is just a personal mobile computer that you can carry in your pocket, which at times can be a pain in the back side, it also lacks some of the cool mobile apps or features on other hardware out there but offers lots of emulators and everything seems very much to be free. There seem to be a lot of ongoing projects that could potentially open up the N900 to be able to use other cool apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
trust me vivaz pro and n97 are realy crap.
i mean really totally epic crap.
worst phones ever.
if you come from n900 and go to n97 where you need to wait 5 minutes until the browser opens you will be really sad.
its your decision what you do with your phone.
but really DON'T buy a vivaz or n97!!!!

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
I am considering Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro, or even n97.
Galaxy S is very good and excellent choice, if you want Android.

Stay away from Vivaz and N97 or any other S60 5th Edition phone. If you want Symbian phone, then get the N8 or wait for C6.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I thought it was just another ranting post. It's good that you're seriously considering getting a new N900.

My N900 is working just fine, but from what I've read from this forum so far (an probably the replies that follow), people has pretty bad experience with the defective hardware.

My guess is that some of the order batches are having bad quality, and may be a newer one would be much better.

I'm not sure if it'd help, the following warranty checker would check whether given an IMEI the Nokia phone is still under warranty, and it's a good indicator of a new product, if you'd like to purchase a new one via Internet, probably it'd help: http://www.nokia.com.hk/support-en/r...y-verification

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Sure, you should give up on it. It's a phone, not a spouse.

The n900 is what it is. If you're not loving it now, you're not very likely to love it some point in the future.
I did not siad is a spouse, I like the phone and specialy OS but, what after a year of use, charching port goes bad again.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomislav For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Galaxy S is very good and excellent choice, if you want Android.

Stay away from Vivaz and N97 or any other S60 5th Edition phone. If you want Symbian phone, then get the N8 or wait for C6.
Yeah I know Galaxy s is awsome phone, I would not buy n8 bc I will not have tangable keyboard (unless is android I will like some phone with real keyboard) But maybe at the end I will stick with N900 at the end that was my first choice.

Tags
faulty usb, microusb