Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I do have dependencies issue, but cannot fix it with an apt-get install -f because of Aegis rejection (even with AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN as it is designed for open mode and I only have Inception). I tried after devel-su, opensh or ariadne sh, but none fixed the issue.

By the way the curl command is not found, therefore I can't add the key.
You might need to install curl by doing "apt-get install curl"

Ah since you have inception you must be having aegisctl too right?

So before doing the installation, make aegis relaxed (below are options of aegisctl):

Code:
Disable source origin check      aegisctl -s
  Allow loading any kernel module  aegisctl -k
  Enable relaxed mode              aegisctl +r
  Switch to permissive mode        aegisctl --really @es
  Disable Aegis validation         aegisctl --really -esdakx
  Reset to defaults                aegisctl +esdrtxk,-az
I personally haven't used aegisctl in a long time so I'm slightly unsure but I think you can start with aegisctl -s or switch to permissive mode...

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I did try installing curl but it didn't work. I don't remember if the package was not found or dependencies not met, and I ran out of battery today so I can't check it right now, but I'll try again.

You are right about aegisctl! It's been a so long time since I tweaked stuff with my N9 that I totally forgot this command. Hopefully it will solve the permission issue! I'll keep you in touch.

Here is what I get:

http://pastebin.com/RkYhwhjE

Sorry some lines are in French, please let me know if any translation is needed.

Using aegisctl -s solved the issue for installing dependencies and, then, curl. libyalj1 needed to be installed too but it didn't even with aegisctl and ariadne, so I downloaded it and used incept -i instead. It worked, but now I'm stuck here.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-12-06 at 22:50.

Hmm just on a side-note you have duplicate entries for Harmattan SDK repo; you may want to just clean that up

I've personally not used aegisctl in a long time so I'm not very sure which options to use...If it works by incepting maybe incept them as follows:
Code:
/usr/sbin/incept /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
Since all the files have been downloaded in that folder maybe the above installs them?

Yeah I've seen these duplicate entries but one problem at a time , it shouldn't prevent the installation of the mail suite.

Incepting all *.deb files in cache will not install/reinstall all other packages previously downloaded? When is the cache purged automatically, at each reboot?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-12-07 at 13:23.

apt-get clean clears the cache so you may want to clear it first and repeat everything...

OK, now everything's installed. But I'm not done yet, of course I encountered another problem I have no idea how to fix.

As root (devel-su, or ariadne sh, or ariadne sh + aegisctl -s), the following command:

Code:
cp -r /home/user/.local/share/akonadi /home/user/MyDocs/akonadi"
results in:

Code:
cp: can't create symlink '/home/user/MyDocs/akonadi': Operation not permitted
Because the /home/user/.local/share/akonadi directory does not exist. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling kdepim-mobile but it did not create it. What is the package I should reinstall to revert to default and make this directory appear?

Just start any of the kdepim apps once and the directory would be created

Nope, already tried it.

In fact at first the directory was there, and I successfully (I think) done the second part of the How-to. But then I realized that not everything was installed (I had only the Contacts icon, not the others in the first post). Therefore I installed the missing apps, and got an error when launching them, so I tried to do the second part of the procedure again, and somehow screwed up somewhere... No I have no akonadi directory in /home/user/.local/share nor in /home/user/MyDocs. It sucks. Well, I suck. I screwed up.

Ok you have no directory named akonadi right?

So now open terminal as user and type:
Code:
ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/akonadi /home/user/.local/share/akonadi
Code:
echo -e "[Connection]\nSocketDirectory=/home/user" >> /home/user/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc
Both commands are single liners...

Once the above is done you can type in terminal:
Code:
akonadictl start
to get the processes started