Notices

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
If someone know why gtkrc "stretch = TRUE" doesn't work. Please tell me. Or have i understood that wrong? I am in a little moment 22 for some pictures. I have to decide it to fit for one or the other. Instead of stretching it cut the image.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

A new version is ready at the first post. This time i have added the web and contacts shortcuts. I have also finetuned a bit and reverted to gray wallpapers.

I would also like people who have installed this theme before to first delete the existing files by doing "sudo rm -r /usr/share/themes/awoken" as the last update got some extra images that should not be there. And then install as normal.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Liverpool, England
thanks for this great looking theme, i have an issue with the icons though im not getting the AwOken icons im betting the android icons(which i replaced hi colour with) do i need to download icon pack and install manually?

i would rather not use theme customizer to do this

EDIT: its ok i de packaged it on my computer and replaced the icons

would you consider making an icon for mussorgsky?

Last edited by poogash; 2011-04-03 at 14:49.

Originally Posted by poogash View Post
thanks for this great looking theme, i have an issue with the icons though im not getting the AwOken icons im betting the android icons(which i replaced hi colour with) do i need to download icon pack and install manually?

i would rather not use theme customizer to do this
Theme Customizer is almost a must have for me and i don't know why you don't like it.. but you could always download the AwOken Icon Theme and install it manually. Make sure the "gtk-icon-theme-name" in "/usr/share/themes/awoken/gtk-2.0/gtkrc" points at "awoken-icon-theme". You don't need to change the hicolor icons.

Normally the icon-theme is installed through the Package Manager.. but Theme Customizer is a dependency of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Liverpool, England
i have had a little problem twice with theme customizer where i was unable to change theme once i had unistalled it so i wanted to stay away from it this reflash.

thanks i have just re- replace the original hiclolor and done it your way (the proper way )

Meant to say before - I like the new back button.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Meant to say before - I like the new back button.
Agreed.. Looks like a dagger..

The Following User Says Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post:
Update to 0.6.5 are ready and available from the first post.

I have remade the Task Switcher icon and changed to a purple active list (made it maybe to light).. I tried a purple active text too but it didn't look good. I have made a wallpaper set that i am fairly content with. Also started on the Calendar (week view so far)..

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2011-04-05 at 11:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
What do you guys think? Do you like the latest changes? Are it ready for the repos? I think i have accompliced the main look now although it is still a fair bit left to v1.0. Most apps i have gone through looks okay... some small fault here and there but nothing alarming. Some stuff might not even be possible to fix.. like the stretch problem i mentioned before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
What do you guys think? Do you like the latest changes? Are it ready for the repos? I think i have accompliced the main look now although it is still a fair bit left to v1.0. Most apps i have gone through looks okay... some small fault here and there but nothing alarming. Some stuff might not even be possible to fix.. like the stretch problem i mentioned before.
I like it. Couple of things.

1) New minimize button is good.
2) You left green as the color for the colour surrounding titles etc.
3 Would prefer that the color of the indicator for brightness applet etc matched the highlight.
4) Purple could be a little darker and more to the gray side. I made that change on my version but didnt update here - I should have.
5) Note sure how I feel about the hex pattern on the backgrounds. will see how I feel after a day
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2011-04-05 at 16:44.