Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by manu027 View Post
I all,

I miss the progress update for january and february, hope we will have some news in march ;-)
Yeah, we (well, I) missed the February update, but March one is already in the works!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
And there it is: Neo900 Progress Update - March!

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Lots of meetings with notaries and tax advisers were exhausting, but surely needed in order to ensure that our journey can be completed without unpleasant legal implications to anyone.
At the end of February, on embedded world 2014 in Nürnberg there has been an informal meeting of some CEOs: Nikolaus (Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&CO. KG), Joerg (Neo900 UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)), Michael Mrozek (OpenPandora GmbH) and Lukas Märdian (working for GDC on Replicant) and opportunities of closer collaboration and synergies got discussed.
Would you mind sharing some details about these non-technical issues (perhaps in a seperate thread)?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
Would you mind sharing some details about these non-technical issues (perhaps in a seperate thread)?
About notary-stuff: Some of them were just a organizational matters that needed to be discussed between people doing business with each other. Some of them were money related stuff, aka "how to use money on Goldelico accounts for project that's not in fact managed by Goldelico as a legal entity". That's one of the reasons Neo900 UG was created. More on that will be described in more detail later, as we'll probably have to ask anyone who donated to agree with their money being moved to that new entity.
It's mostly just solving the matters that actually should have been resolved at the very beginning. Nothing interesting to be honest

About Pyra-stuff: we're certainly going to elaborate further on our cooperation and the results both of our projects can get from it, so stay tuned

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
About the notary stuff: I finalized founding of
Neo900 UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
company yesterday, which is the head entity leading the Neo900 project from now on.
All donors will receive a mail from Nikolaus next days, asking them to agree with transfer of project responsibility, their email addr and other data, and their donations from GDC to Neo900 UG.
This is needed to support and manage the project by a dedicated company that is focused on Neo900. The persons behind that project will stay all the same. Nothing will change. A mere commercial organizational thing we had to do.

[edit 2014-04-08] all this tax stuff adding arbitrary complexity to our humble project. Seems the tax advisers themselves have no clue, now they tell us it's not feasible, so we have to find yet another organizational form. :-/ [/edit]

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-04-08 at 11:59.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Tough choice.. Get myself a Toughbook CF-U1 or a upgrade MoBo for a phone that I like very much, a shame that the Neo900 is so expensive still though

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Have you finalized Neo900's specs yet? Will there be different revisions with varying hardware (RAM, storage)?

The Following User Says Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
About the notary stuff: I finalized founding of
Neo900 UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
Congratulations! It sounds both scary and tedious, I'm sure you are glad to have it behind you.

All donors will receive a mail from Nikolaus next days, asking them to agree with transfer of project responsibility, their email addr and other data, and their donations from GDC to Neo900 UG.
Sorry to be a PITA and bother you with yet another one of my silly questions but... what does it mean for future orders? Will they follow the same path - preorder at Goldelico followed by transferring responsibilities? Or is it going to be merged into a single step?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
neo900 = n900 +(amrv8 ???) + 1,5ghz + 1gb ram (ddram ???)+ gpu upgrade + NFC + high quality music (n73) + bluetooth 3.0 , 4.0 ???

The Following User Says Thank You to olaolala3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Congratulations! It sounds both scary and tedious, I'm sure you are glad to have it behind you.
Yes, indeed

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry to be a PITA and bother you with yet another one of my silly questions but... what does it mean for future orders? Will they follow the same path - preorder at Goldelico followed by transferring responsibilities? Or is it going to be merged into a single step?
Not decided yet. My current take is "don't change anything", particularly since "preorder"-donations went down to not even 2 per week. Needs further discussions with Nikolaus whether he's willing to continue the current setup/procedure for another one or two dozen that might come in.

/j

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!