Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Quim have no clue. This is above him and it seems that the decision is taken.

But, I'm one of those strange people that still belives in yet another maemo/meego device after n9 and it might be a PAD.
Quim is as far as I understood one of the people defining the core for of this project. In technical respect his credibility is undoubted, but the events have proved that top-engineers are not top-decision-makers. So unless Quim becomes a CEO, I don't see that as a relevant statement.

Will just have to wait and see.

I've tried to check the replacement for my n810 (with a broken touch sense at the moment). Most likely I will order replacement screen and wait to see what happens with future device. Buying N9 based on the former glory would not be a smart choice. If they decide to offer it for up to 400e I will consider it. Seriously everything above that for a smart phone or a tablet is way too much (yeah, I know that there are some there who would sell their kidney for one).

The way I see it, n810 screen size is a bare minimum for that sort of device to be functional, and battery life of heavily used smart phone is modest. I prefer to see a phone as simple dump IP carrier. Physical keyboard is defiantly cool thing, but from the user perspective, that causes device to be fragile. The lifetime of such device should be 3-5 years, so having open hardware that can run Linux is a priority for me.

HP TouchPad (it will be available in Europe soon) and WebOS 3.0 may be interesting enough.

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-07-04 at 11:50.

It's almost as though Nokia is trying to kill the N9, rather then promote it. Weird, to say the least...

I'm wondering, do any of you think it will be possible to buy second-hand N950s off ebay? Maybe that'll be the only way someone will be able to put their hands on the thing...

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Mr. Green left Nokia.

If the rumours are correct, his departure said quite a bit about Linux/Meego's future at Nokia.
Officially he's just on medical leave...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Officially he's just on medical leave...
He's sick of the place?

To be honest, they had to say that more than likely to avoid a serious skid of the stocks again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Just reminding folks about this thread. Seemed relevant to the "Why do people say MeeGo is dead?" thread. heheh
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan