Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi,

This is my first post. Although I've been reading the forums for many months now.
I've got the following weird thing going on.
On my laptop I've installed Nokia Qt SDK 1.0. On that I can create some Qt applications and have it packaged to a .deb file. This file I can install on my N900 without problems.
Now on my PC I've got the same installation of the Nokia Qt SDK. But when I build my application (exact same source code). It can package a .deb file. The .deb file does install, but the binary is saved as a non-executable (chmod 644) file.

My question is if someone knows how this is possible. How can I change this?

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

that sounds odd. In which directory are you installing the binary. Check in the "Create Package" details on the Maemo Build page in Projects. Maybe this is for some reasons different. There was a bug, that the access rights of the binaries, which were installed to /opt/... were not set as executable.

BTW, which OS are you using?

Daniel

Hi danielwilms,

Thanks for your pointers. I'm developing on Windows 7.

The "Create Package" details on my PC are as follows:

Files to deploy (Remote File Path):
/usr/local/bin/easylist

I don't have access to my laptop today. I will check the setting there tomorrow.

Should I change this setting to something else?

Many thanks.

Edit:

Here is the content of the tarlist file:

Code:
755 root root . usr  /
755 root root . usr/bin  /
755 root root . usr/local  /
755 root root . usr/local/bin  /
644 root root . usr/local/bin/easylist debian/easylist/usr/local/bin/easylist
755 root root . usr/sbin  /
755 root root . usr/share  /
755 root root . usr/share/applications  /
755 root root . usr/share/applications/hildon  /
644 root root . usr/share/applications/hildon/easylist.desktop debian/easylist/usr/share/applications/hildon/easylist.desktop
755 root root . usr/share/doc  /
755 root root . usr/share/doc/easylist  /
644 root root . usr/share/doc/easylist/changelog.gz debian/easylist/usr/share/doc/easylist/changelog.gz
644 root root . usr/share/doc/easylist/copyright debian/easylist/usr/share/doc/easylist/copyright
644 root root . usr/share/doc/easylist/README.Debian debian/easylist/usr/share/doc/easylist/README.Debian
755 root root . usr/share/icons  /
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor  /
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26  /
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26/apps  /
644 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26/apps/easylist.png debian/easylist/usr/share/icons/hicolor/26x26/apps/easylist.png
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40  /
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/apps  /
644 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/apps/easylist.png debian/easylist/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/apps/easylist.png
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48  /
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps  /
644 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/easylist.png debian/easylist/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/easylist.png
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64  /
755 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps  /
644 root root . usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/easylist.png debian/easylist/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/easylist.png
In bold is the binary.

Last edited by Willem Liu; 2010-09-08 at 12:59.

Hi,

I've just tried it on a windows machine, but there it works fine. How are you adding those images etc? Are you manipulating the debian/rules file? How are you building the package - with the command-line tools or Qt Creator? Is the laptop as well running Windows?

Daniel

I haven't added any icons before, but I do now.

The icons are also set in the Files to deploy (Remote File Path) section.
I haven't manipulated the rules file. Just the control file, copyright, changelog etc.

Both computer and laptop run Windows 7.

The package is created with Qt Creator 2.0.0. I also tried 2.0.1 on the PC.

I just find it strange that my laptop works, but my PC doesn't even though it doesn't seem anything is different.

I'm now going to reinstall the Qt Nokia SDK just to make absolutely sure.

It seems the only difference was that on my laptop I've downloaded the full offline installer and on my PC I used the online installer.
Now that I've also installed the offline installer on my PC it works there as well.

It's a bit strange, but it works so I'm happy.