Those lines are normal and don't indicate any error. Was there more lines or was that all?

Are you sure that extras repository is enabled?

Thanks for the reply mikkov. Yes I'm 100% sure everything is enabled, I have checked about 20 times. I don't understand how those aren't error messages if my catalog has refreshed in weeks. Everytime I clear the log and refresh the catalog those same messages appear in the log again. I'm really starting to hate the N810 because my application manager never works is there anything else you can think of that may be causing it not to refresh? I checked again and everything is enabled

I have the same messages, and everything is working fine.

When you say that application catalog isn't refreshing, what do you exactly mean? Is there any installable applications?

I have had the same apps for like a 3 weeks now. Has there not been any updates at all in 3 weeks? I use to get updates and new apps at least twice a week. What made me think something was wrong is when I read another thread and somone was talking about some new apps I didn't have. I guess I will wait another week or two to see if I get anything new. Do you know what those messages mean that I posted since its not an error message? I just started receiving them about 2-3 weeks ago.

To me it looks like everything is working just as it should be.

If you can see Shadow Warrior under Games section, application manager is working because Shadow Warrior was added just today.

Thanks mikkov for your help. As soon as i read your reply my application updated and i see the game you mentioned. i dont know why I panic but i always thought the log only displayed error messages.

dude i also have same problem download manager is not refreshing...wat to do