Active Topics

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Got my Xperia X (F5122 dual sim) and found out it's running 7.1.1 tried looking for a marshmallow firmware for it but couldn't find anything

What are the DRM keys for? It is purely for warranty and being able to restore phone to it's previous android state?
Flashing the F5121 firmware could work (at least with custom roms it only has no dual-sim support so it could be enough to backup the keys).

The drm-keys unlock some functionality on android but won't be needed at all on Sailfish OS or custom android roms (there are drm-fixed-kernels available for custom roms which restore those features).

In many places (eu afaik so you'll be fine until brexit is done ) they aren't even needed to "restore" warranty since wiping the warranty by unlocking your bootloader is not allowed there.

So unless you're going to sell the phone or you plan on ever running stock rom on it again you don't need to backup your drm-keys (can't hurt though).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Thanks jakibaki, I have no intention of using android or going back to it. I thought that Jolla might need the DRM keys to access some of the hardware stuff (Camera, audio DAC, etc...)

As you helped me in the other thread getting F5121 marshmallow firmware is not an issue but F5122 seems to be a right pain and I don't think I need go through it.

I guess we will know more next Wednesday. Once again thanks for helping

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Hi folks,

so in order to install Sailfish X do I need to unlock bootloader using Sony's instructions (and install android sdk and other stuff)? Or does Jolla provide some tool for this on wednesday or can I unlock bootloader using Emma?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peccelius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Peccelius View Post
Hi folks,

so in order to install Sailfish X do I need to unlock bootloader using Sony's instructions (and install android sdk and other stuff)? Or does Jolla provide some tool for this on wednesday or can I unlock bootloader using Emma?
From what I understood EMMA can't flash anything with a locked bootloader. So you will to first unlock it before using EMMA.

I haven't unlocked my bootloader yet but with doing some reading you don't need the whole SDK to unlock it. But I will wait to see Jolla's instructions first before doing anything.

Also if you have a windows PC sony has a video on how to unlock the bootloader: >>Video Here<<

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2017-10-08 at 20:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
In this case, it is fine.
Here it is :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...HE1Y0VkY0JEVlE
Let me know how it will work.
I am following helpers:
http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/03/12...erifirm-guide/
http://sailfishmods.de/2017/07/howto...ys-bootloader/

My XperiFirm -Create your FTF firmware [1302-3140] file is always failing at the end of the download with unpacking failing. I am using Mac.

@mousse04
Should your FTF version work with phone "Region: Nordic (Generic) [1302-3140]"?

The Following User Says Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
My XperiFirm -Create your FTF firmware [1302-3140] file is always failing at the end of the download with unpacking failing. I am using Mac.
I had that on Linux after one successful try. I tried deleting the directory created by flashtool (something like /root/.flashtool). Next try was successful. So maybe this might help in your case as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to einmaleins For This Useful Post:
Aaand - boot loop with Mousse04's file above.

Edit.

But now managed to get working with Mousse04's ftf. I totally missed step "Right at Wipe , we select everything from APPS_LOG, DIAG, SSD, USERDATA"
After this I boot loops gone.

Thanks for the file!!

Now I can continue to DRM stuff...

Last edited by KylliOrvokki; 2017-10-15 at 19:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Please note that as of today you need to update Xperifirm:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...oader-t2834142

Have to manually amend Androxyde's Flashtool to account for this change as no longer connects to server by replacing Xperifirm.exe in Users > Name > .flashTool with version dated 16/10/2017 to restore XF icon function.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2017-10-21 at 18:23. Reason: Correction

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Back in August, I struggled with this subject using a Windows 10 pc.

I ended up using flashtool-0.9.23.1-windows.exe to get the necessary drivers onto my pc. That worked well, but today Norton Security claimed there is some malware hidden in the tool, within the file flashtool-drivers.exe. So it deleted this file.
The name of the malware: Heur.AdvML.B

To whom it may concern...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Back in August, I struggled with this subject using a Windows 10 pc.

I ended up using flashtool-0.9.23.1-windows.exe to get the necessary drivers onto my pc. That worked well, but today Norton Security claimed there is some malware hidden in the tool, within the file flashtool-drivers.exe. So it deleted this file.
The name of the malware: Heur.AdvML.B

To whom it may concern...
Yes. I noticed this aswell
But, consider this. Flastool contains exploits for many things. For Example rooting the device.
Sure, its “malware”, but its intentional

Just remember to get it from the (more or less) official sources !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootloader, xperia ☓