Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lahore, Pakistan.
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
RE: f*cking up N900 with NITroid
------------------
...never touch a running system.™ This should have come to your mind, especially now that everything seems working, not?
LOL ! thankss for putting me on silent mode ... no more nitdroid

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by chill View Post
"Removed zoom functionality."
Zoom on press still works although I do not see the line in transitions.ini. Please advise.

Meanwhile, I am seeing graphic artifacts on the top black line in the Select connection screen. Rebooting made it go away, but now I'm seeing them on one of the desktop backgrounds.
Removed zoom functionality is about the proof of concept full zoom that was in hildon-desktop. One could zoom in and out the full screen wit Ctrl+Shift+S and Ctr+Shift+D, but there were several issues with it so that it isn't useable.

About your graphical artifacts, I fear you've got a hardware problem there, the render code itself only changed for tasknav. But I also remember having weird artifacts from time to time on one of my devices, a reboot usually got rid of them though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lahore, Pakistan.
i want to ask that can i use any power kernel ? is it safe with cssu and if yes then which one to choose ? does installing/uninstalling softwares from repositories affect the power kernel ?

Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
The 2nd upgrade is here!

The list of changes can be found here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...830.03.2012.29

The most interesting part probably is, that portrait wallpapers now work.
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
Reboot, rotate your device to portrait and assing a wallpaper with the ususal menu, this wallpaper settings is stored seperately from the landscape wallpaper, so you can have dedicated portait wallpapers now .

Of course this only works if you've enabled desktop rotation, todo that and other things see http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/FeaturesStable
Hi.
I have recently up graded to 21.2011.38-1Smaemo3 and after that i have run that code for portrait wallpaper. But it is not working. After i changed the background in portrait mode, the portrait wallpapers of my 4 desktop became black and the landscape wallpaper changed. Please tell me what to do......

The Following User Says Thank You to wittyheart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by saqi.saleem View Post
i want to ask that can i use any power kernel ? is it safe with cssu and if yes then which one to choose ? does installing/uninstalling softwares from repositories affect the power kernel ?
don't get over-excited
well kernel-power is safe
you can install it along with cssu stable

one advice
take out some time to read forums rather than asking noob questions

edit/ you can use kp50 its stable

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by wittyheart View Post
Hi.
I have recently up graded to 21.2011.38-1Smaemo3 and after that i have run that code for portrait wallpaper. But it is not working. After i changed the background in portrait mode, the portrait wallpapers of my 4 desktop became black and the landscape wallpaper changed. Please tell me what to do......
Did you restart your device? Also make sure, you don't have theme customizer.

Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Did you restart your device? Also make sure, you don't have theme customizer.
yup, i did restart my device a number of times but still portrait wallpaper is black.
Uninstalling Theme Customizer is necessary to make portrait wallpaper work?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by wittyheart View Post
yup, i did restart my device a number of times but still portrait wallpaper is black.
Uninstalling Theme Customizer is necessary to make portrait wallpaper work?
Yes, it's necessary. Moreover, you will have to reinstall hildon-home package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Yes, it's necessary. Moreover, you will have to reinstall hildon-home package.
Can you please tell me how to reinstall hildon home package?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
My N900 that I have on CSSU stable takes ages (10 minutes or so) to get a GPS lock. Anyone else running CSSU stable have this problem?

My N900 running PR1.3 gets a lock in under 2 minutes, both in the same location both with network positioning turned on and connected to wifi.

If nobody else running CSSU stable has this problem, then I can look for some other cause for this.