Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
For me, there is big difference between the one I'm selling here and for example You had on sale couple of months before (and the one without USB port on auction service site back in Your country). The one here was even more then half price, with pealing off screen, and which is kind of logic, hours of battering time behind.

When I was looking for my first N900 I would gladly spend that amount for device in that condition, with 3hrs of tt and few more of running. And as simple as it can be, You have cash to buy one which is brand new / mint condition or You have to take Your chances with over 3-5 years of usage (or heavy dev usage) battered device where You have to keep Your fingers crossed for it to work for You.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Good Luck mate.
Have to say though, just got me one for ~95€ in same condition

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Thanks champ, hopefully it's not the "china brand new" Plenty of them on eBay, I saw one thread on TMO about famous eBay seller of that kind of great stuff in great prices - not so great past.
Hoping for the best for You and Yours minty device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Good Luck mate.
Have to say though, just got me one for ~95€ in same condition
I picked one other those up as well because it was listed as being in my country and "NEW". It came in a non-N900 Nokia box, with cheap Chinese replica OEM accessories (those it had), with a generic manual, and without the OEM black plastic screen cover. When I looked through the phones menus it had several alarms already on it and nearly a dozen GPS devices linked to it in its memory. The clear plastic protective cover behind the screen was folded over as well. All indications point to the phone being used with, possibly, new plastics.

To top it all off, the phone was not even in my country, it was drop shipped from hong kong. I am still in a dispute with the fellow on eBay which I will likely have to escalate and get eBay involved with.

All of this was after dealing with another individual who claimed to have a "NEW Other" N900 (without box and most accessories). The pictures looked very good but upon receiving the phone it would not power on and had many, many micro-scratches on the screen; the pictures were too grainy to see those.

In short, I hope you have better luck than I have. Being discerning has not seemed to help me in my search.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to valleyw For This Useful Post:
As You said it, it reminded me nearly buying one of them year or so ago. I didn't pay for it right away, before I asked few Deadly (as it came up) questions. I was asking about IMEI number (after buying one, so I thought it was no problem for the seller to e-mail the number to me, just before packing), software ver. (country ver.), and few more. In response all I heard was - "the item is brand new with the sw. ver. of Your choice and charger of Your choice."

Then (still before paying for it, I choosed the last buyer and send him an mail with few questions about quality of device he brought couple weeks before. So he told me that the N900 was refurbished, that he got cheap charger, headphones, etc. But he didn't left neg feedback.

Just be realistic and think what pice of s#|t You will have for 90 or so? If it's stated NEW? The thing is, that few lads who think they are smarter then rest of the world, will buy that "chinese new" devices and won't say after "yup, that was big mistake". They rather choose to write all over net how good they are, how they can save few eur. That's the way it is.

Last edited by Garrett_PL; 2013-06-26 at 00:37. Reason: Cleanning up

SOLD, all the best for new owner.

Tags
nokia n900, sold n900