Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
check out Vagalume for streaming, and maemoscrobbler for scobbling - obviously we don't know how or if they'll work on M5, but under the current OS they work great, as does Canola2's last.fm plugin.

BTW mobbler won't work as Maemo and symbian are completely different beasts

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
BTW mobbler won't work as Maemo and symbian are completely different beasts
Sure, but as far as an API call over cellular network is concerned, you shouldnt have any probs if it works on S60.

Very tempted to order with MobilePhonesDirect on a Vodfone contract. Anyone used MobilePhonesDirect before? Do the bills and other communications come branded as MobilePhonesDirect or Vodafone?

Don't want to have to go through a middle man for the length of the contract if it can be helped.

I would wait till at least Oct 1st, see what CPW and the rest will do.

I cant see the N900 selling out the UK, its not that kind of device.

ps: The monthly bill will come from Vodafone.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Both Tmob and Voda offer 1gb FUP on their basic plans. With Tmob, you can upgrade to 3gb and 10gb for extra cash.

Choice depends on reception, i use Tmob Web an Walk Plus (+£5) and im happy as it doesnt block any services other than Voip.

WnW allows you unlimited access to Tmobile hotspots and 300mins pm on BT Openzone.

It looks like CPW will offer it on O2, they have a good data plan with 3gb allowed and unlimited BT Openzone but the network is shagged with all those iphones on the network.
Thanks Dansus. I've since read up that t-mobile have an agreement to share 3's 3g network. Though t-mobile is merging with Orange, so this might change. But if t-mobile does share with 3, it will give very good UK 3G coverage from November.

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
If you have web included on a monthly plan (e.g. the "Unlimited mobile web" shown on some of the N900 plans) then there's no £1 per day charge.
Oh okay, looks like mobilephonesdirect site is wrong, as when you click the little question mark on the t-mobile tariffs, say combi 25 +WnW, a pop up says it is £1 a day. Good to know for £30 you can get unlimited access. Thanks.

Originally Posted by richie View Post
Thanks Dansus. I've since read up that t-mobile have an agreement to share 3's 3g network. Though t-mobile is merging with Orange, so this might change. But if t-mobile does share with 3, it will give very good UK 3G coverage from November.
I think that started in November 2008.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Oh okay, looks like mobilephonesdirect site is wrong, as when you click the little question mark on the t-mobile tariffs, say combi 25 +WnW, a pop up says it is £1 a day.
OK I see how the confusion has arisen. When you click on the question mark, it's giving you the details of the "Combi" tariff which by itself doesn't include internet unless you pay £1 per day. But provided you choose one of the plans which says "Combi + Web'n'Walk" then internet is included without the £1 per day charge.

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
estimated time of delivery for UK n900 is 3-4 weeks from yesterday that was directly from nokia shop UK online rep about pre-orders on there site. so i dont know what time will be for 3rd party UK dealers, i would not expect it to be before nokia have shipped out enough to cover there own back log though.

Originally Posted by dansus View Post
I think that started in November 2008.
opps, thanks!

Tags
contract, n900