Got to wait it out a bit more - till price drops to around $500.
Oh the torture from all this wait.

the way they are discounting this phone before its release, I can't wait to see the pricing after Christmas! Sub-500 most likely, hopefully sub 450 if we are lucky!

Hmm could you buy the 1 yr extra support from Nokia if you bought it from a 3rd party retailer?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
I emailed Amazon to ask if they'll either lower the price so it's the same as buy.come or if they'll price match. I know they probably won't price match, but with the amount of business I've done with them it doesn't hurt to ask.

I purchased the extra three year warranty through Amazon for $49.99, so purchasing the phone through Buy would save me $20 ( yes, you can use the warranty purchased through Amazon because it's a third party entity and not operated by Amazon) which would offset that extra warranty cost.

As much as I like Amazon, $20 is still $20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spinnukur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm could you buy the 1 yr extra support from Nokia if you bought it from a 3rd party retailer?
What does the Nokia warranty do? Will a third party "Extended Warranty" be just as good, and does Buy.com offer one (I can't see that just by adding the phone to a shopping cart)?

I went ahead and canceled with Amazon and ordered with Buy. I used the promotional coupon, along with a $25 dollar voucher I had from using my Paypal credit card, to bring the grand total to $530 with 2 day shipping.

Originally Posted by RTbar View Post
I went ahead and canceled with Amazon and ordered with Buy. I used the promotional coupon, along with a $25 dollar voucher I had from using my Paypal credit card, to bring the grand total to $530 with 2 day shipping.
I take it you couldn't use your voucher with Amazon?

Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
What does the Nokia warranty do? Will a third party "Extended Warranty" be just as good, and does Buy.com offer one (I can't see that just by adding the phone to a shopping cart)?
Buy.com does have a warranty, when you're looking at the N900 pagge, underneath the price it says 'SquareTrade 2 Year Warranty $80'...LMAO $80 for two years through the same company that offers the three year, $49.99 through Amazon

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-10-06 at 03:20.

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
I take it you couldn't use your voucher with Amazon?
Yeah, it was a coupon from points on my Paypal credit card, so it made more sense for me to go with buy.com

Originally Posted by RTbar View Post
Yeah, it was a coupon from points on my Paypal credit card, so it made more sense for me to go with buy.com
Hmm...get the Buy.com credit card and get an additional $30 off. First bill comes, pay it off, cancel the card. No annual fees or anything. $524.49 after $10 coupon+$30 off new account and that includes two day shipping.

$524.99 + $49.99 extra warranty from Amazon. $575.97....awfully tempting.

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-10-06 at 03:41. Reason: spelling sucks tonight

Tags
buy.com, n900, pre-order