I can't believe i just got a whole day out of my n900 without loosing 10% battery...

Im seing lots of 1.2 complaint threads but this is just mad,

Last night i flashed 1.2 with flasher 3.5 and did the vanilla eMMC flash too, and today i decided on what i wanted to test out,

I had left the device on wifi the whole day, browsed like a crazy fool and even did a good session of angry birds mid day,

Im running with my standard ons and offs to improve battery life, although im doubting ill need them anymore,

Atm i have off,
3G (2.5g is on most the time though)
Location Settings Off
Brightness changing from 1-3

But yeah, anyone else finding there having great battery life after that?

Hope its not just me, but im very happy now .

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catacylsm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
I've been connected to my wifi for the past 3 hours so that I could reinstall all the apps after the update, the battery has only dropped 2 bars since then (it was full when I started) !!

This much of data download has brought my N900 to half battery previously this is some awesome change and certainly not placebo !!

Cheers

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I hope this has improved things so I'll insert a fresh battery - and test this improvement.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Well i can tell you, i couldn't get a day out of the device at all when i had 1.1 uk firmware, but flashing both the firmware and memory completely blank, and installing some essentials to use the n900 for a day, well i can say that im very suprised at how well the device has done hehe.

I may try a multi-task clog up after and see how well the battery does for tonight (And im talking 20-30 apps) oooohhhh yeaaaaahhh.

Also i did use USB to charge it, i dont know if the slow charge has impacted battery performance at all?

battery life for me has always been pretty good straight stock after a reflash, but the more stuff you put on there, the worse it is which is understandable.

Not just running apps either, you can have more stuff for tracker to be doing, more conversations to load up every time, etc, etc

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Is it possible that since you guys wiped your phones clean, you used to have apps installed that were needlessly draining battery that are no longer installed?

I did OTA. haven't really noticed anything but i'll leave it without charge for a bit

Its hard to say, most the apps i had were completely passive unless i activated them,

On a second note there is a possability of the eMMc draining battery as it gets used but i dont know how this technology works,

From what i can tell, the only difference between now and then is that, the memory is empty (And even when i first got the phone, i couldn't get a day out of it haha.)

Actually i did have the CPU app (Where the wifi is) before i flashed,

Im also seing 0 frame tearing and super smooth transitions! (Well i think there capped to about 24 fps or something) because ive seen smoother on youtube lol.

Last edited by Catacylsm; 2010-05-26 at 17:22.

Flashed mine yesterday. I do notice a good bit of battery improvement. I've never made it through a day without a recharge or swap with my spare battery. Yesterday, with heavy use, I made it into the evening before I put in my spare.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Can someone tell me whether emmc flash will improve batery life?

The Following User Says Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post: