Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pakistan,Karachi
same is the problem happend with me,i mistakenly updated libau6 and now facing reboot loops,and now my stock kernel is not booting ... wat to do anybody has the solution pleassE?

Can we not upload to package content from Libxau6 1.0.3-2osso1.1
under a different name?

Maybe under libxau6 1.0.6-2-1.0.3-2osso1.1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by utubee34 View Post
same is the problem happend with me,i mistakenly updated libau6 and now facing reboot loops,and now my stock kernel is not booting ... wat to do anybody has the solution pleassE?
Take out the battery, wait some seconds/a minute and try to boot your N900. Try/Do it till your N900 is booting Maemo. If it booted successful do this:

1.Download the old package and put in into MyDocs
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Here is the old package and what does

http://maemo.org/packages/view/libxau6/ new package
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....0.3-2osso1.1/ old package
2. Open x-terminal and install the package as root (with dpkg -i filename)
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks for this - I recommend everyone who got it installed to manually overwrite using original version, via dpkg -i <downloaded_file>.
/Estel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
I don't want to scare you, but I had to fullflash COMBINED image and restore everything with backupmenu

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
If you could get access to rootfs you can change the library file

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I did also had reboot loops after this update after removing bootmenu and rescueboot it stops and starts again every time i reboot or change the kernel settings and overlock the device by using cpufreq.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
If you could get access to rootfs you can change the library file
ohh and how can i do this ????any help??? how to change the library file ?btw i managed to flash the combined image and i wana ask that libau6 will stiull be there in my phone ??

Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I did also had reboot loops after this update after removing bootmenu and rescueboot it stops and starts again every time i reboot or change the kernel settings and overlock the device by using cpufreq.
i was facing the same problem as you .. and i messed up my phone today ..and now today i flashed combined image ..i dont know how to change the library file .. maybe try removing libau6 ?? the software which is held dependent on it u can try removing tht software and might get a success?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
If you've flashed combined Image the original libxau6 file is restored and your phone should be fine. So just pin the package after like I described or disable extras devel repository when upgrading.

Greetz,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
the problem is with the backup menu ... i installed backup menu-multiboot .. and backed up my all the phone content ,but the problem happened that the guru meditation ... and i already had the bootimg file .. but nothing happend and i cudnt boot my stock kernel .. so i dont kno what the heck i did i just went into backupmenu and then restored everything,afterwards my phone wudnt boot up and i had to reflash :X