I have loved my N800 running OS2008 and I still use N800 everyday or so for some web surfing and play a few games but more and more often it Brousers out on some web sites, even this one or pages load slow.
I know the OS is getting pretty out of date but understand there will be no updates. I am not geeky like most of you IT people and only install using the Application Manager.
So is there anything I can do to tweak it or is it just time to throw in the towel buy something new?

The Following User Says Thank You to kat For This Useful Post:
Have you tried using Opera instead of the default browser? It's in Diablo Extras which should be configured in your application manager, but if not click this to install it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded it and will give it a try. Never used Opera before so are there any things I should adjust for security or such in settings?

Originally Posted by kat View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded it and will give it a try. Never used Opera before so are there any things I should adjust for security or such in settings?
Hi, kat. Feel free to poke around the settings and experiment. But the only one I would personally highlight is Advanced / User Agent. I would set this to Mobile. However, few sites seem to pay attention to this, so I would also recommend that you study the "Useful URLs" link in my signature.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Updates ? Great ! Where ?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by AbelMN View Post
Updates ? Great ! Where ?
GVM

bun

I am really bummed because I dropped my N800 with the charger plugged in and it landed where the charger connects to the N800.. The post of the charger was bent and would not make a good connection. I tried to straighten the post and I heard a pop.
Now it will not stay charging. I can move the post a bit and it will show charging but if I let it go it is not charging. I am not sure if the real problem is the charger or inside the N800 where the charger connects.
Any suggestions on fixes? Is it possible to buy a new charger to replace the original one for N800?

So if I can't get my N800 to charge I will have to replace it with something. I got a Nook Color for Christmas and I have tried to like it to surf the Internet but honestly after having a N800 Internet Tablet the Nook just does not stack up.
I would be using a replacement mostly for Wifi when i am away from my computer. I do not have a Data Plan with my cell phone company so I just use free Wifi when traveling.
So suggestions for a replacement?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I'd buy a charger first, it seems that they're the standard post type charger you can find in most mobile outlets.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by kat View Post
I am really bummed because I dropped my N800 with the charger plugged in and it landed where the charger connects to the N800.. The post of the charger was bent and would not make a good connection. I tried to straighten the post and I heard a pop.
Now it will not stay charging. I can move the post a bit and it will show charging but if I let it go it is not charging. I am not sure if the real problem is the charger or inside the N800 where the charger connects.
Any suggestions on fixes? Is it possible to buy a new charger to replace the original one for N800?

So if I can't get my N800 to charge I will have to replace it with something. I got a Nook Color for Christmas and I have tried to like it to surf the Internet but honestly after having a N800 Internet Tablet the Nook just does not stack up.
I would be using a replacement mostly for Wifi when i am away from my computer. I do not have a Data Plan with my cell phone company so I just use free Wifi when traveling.
So suggestions for a replacement?
It's a standard Nokia charger, used for many phones.

Thanks. I have a lot of chargers left around from old cell phones some nokia but was not sure if they were the same or ok to use. I will try one if it fits and if not look for a new charger.