Something sort of interesting. I get the same fork problems running qemu-i386 and wine when BOTH have been compiled for X86.. Something tells me if X86 cant pull it off, Arm isnt going to either. This is when trying to run nptl wine 1.0.1

@orokusaki
Sorry, ive been up with my IB crap again, its never over in Y13 with extended assays and wierd stuff
Back on topic your site is down, it says account suspended :S otherwise i would start testing the binaries asap
NPTL sounds like a no-go unfortunately, people have been battling with qemu and nptl for a while now... its great that you ran ld-linux with nptl, we need to continue investigating that (and when i say we it seems like i mean you on this forum :P )
PLEASE send me the binaries somehow thx

@szopin
downloading, that wine tarball includes the new qemu binaries right??

Yeah.. =) I think I should start saying that its linuxthreads wine instead of posix.

I tried to compile up to 0.9.64 so we could specify the resolution before running the application/game. But it wouldnt work, on arm, only on x86, and it wanted the nptl/posix version of glibc instead of the linuxthreads version. Does that sound more accurate?

If qemu were multithreaded then maybe we could do wine-pthreads explorer /desktop:1024x768 sol.exe, you will get a windows with a green background that is 1024x768, and a cursor, but no solitaire on arm. I do get solitaire on x86. And I think thats because of qemu not being "multi-threaded".

Last edited by orokusaki; 2011-09-29 at 12:35.

Originally Posted by orokusaki View Post
Yeah.. =) I think I should start saying that its linuxthreads wine instead of posix.

I tried to compile up to 0.9.64 so we could specify the resolution before running the application/game. But it wouldnt work, on arm, only on x86, and it wanted the nptl/posix version of glibc instead of the linuxthreads version. Does that sound more accurate?

If qemu were multithreaded then maybe we could do wine-pthreads explorer /desktop:1024x768 sol.exe, you will get a windows with a green background that is 1024x768, and a cursor, but no solitaire on arm. I do get solitaire on x86. And I think thats because of qemu not being "multi-threaded".
Great, good to hear news well, qemu will stay as it is for pretty much a long while so we can only stick with the old linuxthreads versions. I agree with you on the multithreads but i might compile a program to execute another exe file just to check, depends on the time i have
to run the desktop you could specify that on the winecfg as it allows that configuration if you really wanted that, but if it was an example understood great stuff

and i will try making a deb but currently i also need to finish a big php project for monday so i might have time but im not sure

till then

Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
Great, good to hear news well, qemu will stay as it is for pretty much a long while so we can only stick with the old linuxthreads versions. I agree with you on the multithreads but i might compile a program to execute another exe file just to check, depends on the time i have
to run the desktop you could specify that on the winecfg as it allows that configuration if you really wanted that, but if it was an example understood great stuff

and i will try making a deb but currently i also need to finish a big php project for monday so i might have time but im not sure

till then
of course if we can get nptl then we are golden and have achieved the maximum goal (newer linux apps running) but i dont see this happening, we will have to stick with the slower linuxthreads.

Originally Posted by orokusaki View Post
what to do with wine.tar.gz www.onsitedentalsystems.com/wine.tar.gz

Move everything from bin into your /usr/bin (careful I have old qemu-i386 in there so maybe mv wine* /usr/bin)
Move gnemul to your /usr
Move wine folder to your /usr/lib so you have /usr/lib/wine

mkdir /user/.wine
unzip wine.zip /user/.wine
fix dosdevices.
cd /user/.wine/dosdevices
ln -s ../c_drive c:

*when I say fix dosdevices make it to where this is a valid path
/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows get it?
*my user is root so mkdir /root/.wine

then run
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe

See what happens.. what errors you get.
Hi, Friends
I followed the instruction.,but I get an error : illegal Instruction.
What's wrong?

(My toys Samsung gio 800 mhz with ubuntu)

Another problem
I downloaded this http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/ubuntu.rar
In the package there is the ubuntu.tar.bz2 image file.
How exctract this? I get an error with tar

thank you

Originally Posted by GIOFAN View Post
Hi, Friends
I followed the instruction.,but I get an error : illegal Instruction.
What's wrong?

(My toys Samsung gio 800 mhz with ubuntu)

Another problem
I downloaded this http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/ubuntu.rar
In the package there is the ubuntu.tar.bz2 image file.
How exctract this? I get an error with tar

thank you
I seem to recall that ubuntu image was the one i was blaming corrupt, try downloading exclusively wine.tar.gz
as of your illegal instruction that seems to be because that executable isn't compiled properly for your device, have you tried running qemu alone?? if it gives instructions for use then the problem should be elsewhere

Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
I seem to recall that ubuntu image was the one i was blaming corrupt, try downloading exclusively wine.tar.gz
as of your illegal instruction that seems to be because that executable isn't compiled properly for your device, have you tried running qemu alone?? if it gives instructions for use then the problem should be elsewhere
Yes Qemu along give parameters. This Qemu and Wine are from , that you say: wine.tar.gz

But when I try to run with wineserver:
./qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver

Get: illegal instruction

Could you try to upload a working ubuntu.img that has qemu and wine?
Attached Images