Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
please explain.
I think he means the whole "you dock it and then it runs ubuntu"
http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

Neat thing, similar to our easydebian but I hope it can also be hacked to run without the dock, it would be neater

Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post

Neat thing, similar to our easydebian but I hope it can also be hacked to run without the dock, it would be neater
So like a Motorola Atrix then? That is one neat bag of tricks.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
I'd say that's quite apparent already with Maemo/MeeGo, Symbian and webOS all biting the dust in an increasingly dumbed-down market.
Its a dumbed down market, what are you going to do? One things for sure, Apple found out before Nokia.

there is one app that list all of the 1000s of radio channel and another app that shows only the good channels picked from the 1000s of radio channels about the music you like. Which one will you pick? to put it differently Nokia's got the first app, iphone's got the second. thats why apple can charge $650 for a $180 dollar phone.

So if you want the first app, hopefully nokia still wants to satisfy you, the 1%, who is happy with app that show 1000s of channels of garbage, i mean online radio, for you to pick from so you can spend most of your time picking and it may even loose your favorites when you update.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-04-16 at 19:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
the whatsapp thread has almost 500 entries. get the L900 it has it.
it also has a push gtalk app.
So do hundred of android handsets plus the Iphone and Symbian phones. Hows the data connection on the L900 again????

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
So do hundred of android handsets plus the Iphone and Symbian phones. Hows the data connection on the L900 again????
you kidding right.
EDIT: i got a $100 for that little glitch. None of those phones have Nokia HW except symbian. And where we at, Symbian Belle still lacks a fast browser. You dont see a Symbian Belle (any phone) Vs SGSII videos on youtube, Do you? There are L900 vs SGSII and L900 Vs Iphone 4s. go check it out.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-04-16 at 20:14.

Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post

Not interested, i ve got an ubuntu machine.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
you kidding right.
EDIT: i got a $100 for that little glitch. None of those phones have Nokia HW except symbian. And where we at, Symbian Belle still lacks a fast browser. You dont see a Symbian Belle (any phone) Vs SGSII videos on youtube, Do you? There are L900 vs SGSII and L900 Vs Iphone 4s. go check it out.
I know you did it's so nice though that the non beta device L900 has a bug like that on launch but the beta iphones and androids and the previous nokia smartphones don't. And how much did you pay for it in the first place and for how long will you have to pay for it? It's last years hardware at best and you will have to live with it for 2 years at least, that's a sweet deal you got for yourself. and in what aspect is nokia HW superior than their competitors?? I used to see Symbian vs other phones but then elop took a MS to the pocket and announced it will go WP so there is no value in reviewing a dead product.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Not interested, i ve got an ubuntu machine.
I believe many users in this forum do but the idea of this is sharing all resources without having to transfer any files or programs between machines you carry your computer in your pocket

Its a dumbed down market, what are you going to do? One things for sure, Apple found out before Nokia.
Indeed, research done in the UK showed the demographic of iPhone users to be low-skill, low-pay, low standard of education. It's not that surprising a Fisher-Price like device is appealing to them.

there is one app that list all of the 1000s of radio channel and another app that shows only the good channels picked from the 1000s of radio channels about the music you like. Which one will you pick?
Neither - I'd want to write my own app and install it on my own device without having to kiss the manufacturer's arse.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
It's a gift for anyone with a launchpad account
It's not an upgrade nor a downgrade really, as a phone it beats all te devices I've used, quick for stuff like calls and texting.
The N900 may have offered more features but frankly, it sucked as a phone, choking when there's an incoming call.

The UI is well thought out really, best there is right now, it's not a standard looking OS but anyone I've handed the device to could explore it easily, whereas with the N950 I had to explain swiping.

As for what's under the hood, there's not much, multitasking is suspending and resuming the apps, it even says resuming at times even with the 1.4GHz CPU, probably due to an IO bottleneck.

For the average consumer it's a good device all in all, for most Maemo power users, it's probably something you'll not want to get.

BTW, WP7 is a strong comeback really, WM sucked a lot compared to it
sooo will you be developing for winOS now too? hehe