endless repetition of the same opinions <- is the definition of TMO

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
No. I'd then have to buy another backup phone probably costing more than the price achievable for an low spec phone with an abandoned OS.
If my Jolla stops working, I would buy another one (from you, why not?) running *this* abandoned OS, over any Android/iOS powered crap. Even if support ended 10 years ago. Even if they offer me a top iPhone/Galaxy-S for just €50.

It's not like being a fanatic: I need a no-spying UNIX pocket machine with keyboard and there's no Android/iOS featuring that.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mced View Post
If my Jolla stops working, I would buy another one (from you, why not?) running *this* abandoned OS, over any Android/iOS powered crap. Even if support ended 10 years ago. Even if they offer me a top iPhone/Galaxy-S for just €50.

It's not like being a fanatic: I need a no-spying UNIX pocket machine with keyboard and there's no Android/iOS featuring that.
What about blackberry passport?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What about blackberry passport?
Not with Trudeau, thx

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
yes i have read on irc log..that's how coderus said. however i have a question that go after the same opensourcing sfos fight:
why there is no one or so few people to develop UI and other part of Nemo ? just curious about it
what wil the developer get for investing time and efforts on nemo UI? It won't be sustainable if only depends on velunteering work.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
what wil the developer get for investing time and efforts on nemo UI? It won't be sustainable if only depends on velunteering work.
Now could be, if jolla goes under, there's like 30-50k of devices that could use a replacement that is actively developed and has its own store/repos

Edit: question is though, is Nemo/Glacier ready for that? Is it even expecting that, or is it just a hobbyist project that never planned to have a little mass of users on it?

Last edited by szopin; 2015-11-21 at 14:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
So, to sum up.

This thread contains no useful info about porting Android to Jolla hardware and 4 pages of irrelevant discussion. Well done team!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
4 pages of irrelevant discussion.
That made TMO TMO (Then Miracle Occurs)

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I'm planning to spend a little time making a basic port of Android to the Jolla1, as I have serial cables, access to a lot of stuff, etc..

The reason I'd do it is not to betray SailfishOS, naturally, but even for a lot of experiments a simple Android build helps a lot to put whatever you're want on top. Or people can see if they can get 4.4 or 5.0 working, for getting a better SailfishOS HADK support on top.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Very nice! Still got that nice phone on my table, as backup device after almost 2 years as my main (and only) device.
No plans for tablet at all?