Ok, I searched all over the forum but did not really find an answer to this on (if there is, please point me in the right direction and I will call myself stupid for not finding it ).
Here is my issue. I swaped sd cards to a 16 gig card. My 900 had problems with the card right away, I was not able to copy much on it, so I formated FAT32 under windows (I know, the develish system). Card shows but still has problems, like I can't write photos from the camera application to it. So now my real problem. I decided to put my old 2gig card back in. After I did, most of my images do not show up with preview (see attached screenshot).
I did a hard reset of the tracker, but still the same. Funny as is, the last 2 pictures on the bottom of the screenshot show fine. One was taken before I took the card out and the other one after I reinserted the card.
Any idea?
Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Download tracker-config and rebuild database

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Download tracker-config and rebuild database
Where to I find tracker-config? Does it do anything beyond what I did?
I stopped tracker (hard-reset), deleted all cropped thumbnails and rebuild the database (all manual) and it still gives me the same broken thumbnails (I can scroll through the photos if I open the one behind it).

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by slotti View Post
Ok, I searched all over the forum but did not really find an answer to this on (if there is, please point me in the right direction and I will call myself stupid for not finding it ).
Here is my issue. I swaped sd cards to a 16 gig card. My 900 had problems with the card right away, I was not able to copy much on it, so I formated FAT32 under windows (I know, the develish system). Card shows but still has problems, like I can't write photos from the camera application to it. So now my real problem. I decided to put my old 2gig card back in. After I did, most of my images do not show up with preview (see attached screenshot).
I did a hard reset of the tracker, but still the same. Funny as is, the last 2 pictures on the bottom of the screenshot show fine. One was taken before I took the card out and the other one after I reinserted the card.
Any idea?
Thanks for the help.
this is one of the much troubles in the leaked rc pr

Originally Posted by santiago View Post
this is one of the much troubles in the leaked rc pr
Only problem....I am not running the leaked pr 1.2
I am on 3.2010.02-8.002 which is pr 1.1.1 if I am not mistaken

Did you do anything to the 2 Gig card before putting it back in the N900?

EDIT:

Does your windows machine display the thumbnails properly?

Last edited by kd_alex; 2010-05-11 at 03:47.

Originally Posted by kd_alex View Post
Did you do anything to the 2 Gig card before putting it back in the N900?

EDIT:

Does your windows machine display the thumbnails properly?
Did not do anything with the 2gig card while not in the phone. Just checked the card on windows and while I am able to open the files (images) in photoshop, I do not get a thumbnail preview either. If I try to open them just in the preview window of the windows explorer I get a "preview unavailable", really strange...

EDIT: they do show under windows on the 2 gig card (I had the 16gig card previously). So everything is fine under win, just won't show the thumbnail preview on the n900. I give up....let's see if the x-mas reliese of 1.2 will help.

Last edited by slotti; 2010-05-11 at 05:29.

Does anybody know if the cache for the sd card is located in a different location maybe?
Since I am not much of a linux guy (basically started once I got my n900), I have no idea how to access the card through x-terminal.

Ok, after nothing seemed to work, this is how I actually got it resolves (and if anybody can explain me why this actually worked, I would appreciate it).
I copied all images from the MC to the internal memory (through the phone UI. not attached via USB to any computer).
Formatted the MC through the UI, changed the cam settings to safe on MC, took a photo to create the DCIM folder on the card (creating it myself would not solve the problem) and finally copied all images back into the newly created folder on the MC. Voila, everything fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slotti For This Useful Post:
Hmmm...

I have no idea why that worked. Maybe the reformatting made the card happy!?

Anyway I access my media card from the x-term by typing:

cd /media/mmc1

Assuming you have changed nothing it should be the same. Thanks for posting the solution.