Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
accidentally or maybe it is how it works, but every time i set my n900 to this setting, the UI (or whatever it is) becomes a bit snappy. Yeah.....really useless but i just wanna share.

what i download:

-download Array Theme (a very nice theme) using appman or fappman.

-download Enhance Linux kernel for Power users then reboot...if you have it, just OC to 850 - 1000mhz (do this if you Overclock your device. if not, skip this and proceed.

-search the web for Leetut's "Wave" transition and download it to your n900's storage (anywhere is fine)

-or....if you have black plastic theme installed, you can cp the transitions.ini file to your MyDocs or sd card.

what i did:

-cp Leetut's Wave or black plastic transitions.ini to /usr/share/themes/array (yep! the Array theme directory)

-activate Array theme, once done you can reboot or.....if you have theme customizer installed, you can change some settings or fonts then apply changes (it will restart all services just like you boot the device without turning it off and then on).

-now see if its only me or its really snappier.

-re-apply all settings you have before doing the above.

NOTE: i am not certain that this will work. but in my case, i really see the difference. Yes....i may be pointing that the Array theme is doing all the snappy effects. i tried these settings to other Simple but elegant themes like Carbon and R-Style themes.....yes they are snappier but the very noticable change is when i applied the Array Theme.

Once again......i am not sure that it will work for you or other....im just sharing my experience.....there is no harm in trying.....if you dont want to use x-term on copying transitions.ini files, you can use cute explorer then show all hidden items.

EDIT: the Array theme has less animations than other themes..[but i only see one....the sparkle on closing windows are not visible] that may have contributed to the smooth effect.

of course, this will be a NO GO if you want themes other than Array. I also read that setting your transitions by removing the blur effect on opening menu/dashboard also makes the UI smoother. [just cant find what thread/post is it]

Attached Files
File Type: tar Wave_trans.tar (10.0 KB, 177 views)

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-11-01 at 11:16. Reason: added wave transitions by leetut. please use x-archiver for easy unzipping

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Have you seen TransitionControl? - a GUI available for tinkering with the transition settings, and will give the impression of being 'snappier'....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Have you seen TransitionControl? - a GUI available for tinkering with the transition settings, and will give the impression of being 'snappier'....
yup! i have that one......

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
you can also set

WSEGL_UseHWSync=1

in

/etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to fuyoh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
you can also set

WSEGL_UseHWSync=1

in

/etc/powervr.d/hildon-desktop.ini
Could you/someone please explain what this does exactly? Intrested.

Originally Posted by kossibeibe View Post
Could you/someone please explain what this does exactly? Intrested.
i cant really say for sure,

but hildon-desktop might be hardware accelerated with that..

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Any word on when this will make it to extras-testing or extras? I did a quick search on t.m.o and saw no threads dedicated to it.

Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
i cant really say for sure,

but hildon-desktop might be hardware accelerated with that..
Is this setting persisted after reboot? And does it work?

Originally Posted by cpt.bert View Post
Is this setting persisted after reboot? And does it work?
it still persist after reboot since u need to reboot to make it work.

you can try it. i've been using it since PR 1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to fuyoh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Any word on when this will make it to extras-testing or extras? I did a quick search on t.m.o and saw no threads dedicated to it.
use fappman and type in "transitioncontrol"

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post: