Guys, recently after installing power kernel (46), device is not rebooting if i execute "sudo reboot".

The rebooting process starts, but stops after the device shuts down.
i.e., after the device shuts down, the device isnt booting up.

Why would this happen after installing power kernel?

Now I have to manually switch on the device every time after the device shuts down!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to getnani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Exact same problem here. There are some rare occasions that it will reboot, but they are rare and not really tied to anything special...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
so did u figure out how to fix it? have you been using the prev version of power kernel? was reboot working then?

Works fine for me, I type:

root
reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to martin-357 For This Useful Post:
No, no solution. It reboots after uninstalling power kernel, and stops after reinstalling it. Mine is v46 too. Just to add that this is not your problem only |:)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I've got this problem as well -- it's been happening since I installed v46. Before installing CSSU as well, for what it's worth.

Every once in a while reboot will actually work, but as someone else mentioned, it's rare that it works and I can't put my finger on any one particular thing that would be responsible.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post:
LOOKS LIKE, If I remembered correctly now that I read somewhere here in the foruns, that if we left the n900 still in the tablet position ON A TABLE, it will reboot, and in fact sometimes I keep trying and it reboots after 2 or 3 tries and then If I let it there still in the position that I got it rebooting, it will reboot forever. BUT, If I move it, it will stop rebooting.

REALLY strange. Try it. Put it in the tablet position with the thing on the lens opened (not the lens cover, that other thing that makes it not just fall, at around 35º). Then try a reboot. What happens?

PS: I just tried, laid it in the tablet position on a table with that thing that surround the lens in the 35º. 2º reboot try: Rebooted. From now on it will reboot until I move it.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-03-17 at 05:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by martin-357 View Post
Works fine for me, I type:

root
reboot
ok, will try it.
so what happens if you do straight "sudo reboot"
does it work!

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
LOOKS LIKE, If I remembered correctly now that I read somewhere here in the foruns, that if we left the n900 still in the tablet position ON A TABLE, it will reboot, and in fact sometimes I keep trying and it reboots after 2 or 3 tries and then If I let it there still in the position that I got it rebooting, it will reboot forever. BUT, If I move it, it will stop rebooting.

REALLY strange. Try it. Put it in the tablet position with the thing on the lens opened (not the lens cover, that other thing that makes it not just fall, at around 35º). Then try a reboot. What happens?
Infact I always do that. it is normally an auto reboot at 4am! Once when I did it manually it worked. I guess I had it on the stand (on table). But as you said there are plenty of other times it didnt work, sitting on the stand! Power kernel ppl please help us!

hopefully the next version of power kernel will fix it?

Well, at least a workaround. I tried to disable the accelerometer, that I believe is the thing that is messing things (I cant think of other mechanical thing other then the vibrator on n900 that could be "interested" in any particular position) in power kernel.

No luck |:/ - at least Firefox and PenPen stopped rotating after I did that |:P

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post: