Active Topics

Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
I thought that all Xperia devices would have support. Atleast these what are here http://developer.sonymobile.com/know...and-resources/
Not right now, but in the future probably.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
But shashlik actually runs android emulator, what the point to have it on device?
The point is to have a starting point that works. Shashlik is far from a finished product. My understanding is that the plan is for Shashlik to eventually become part of Plasma Mobile and the emulator will be replaced once it is no longer needed.

Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Now that Sony announced mainline Linux kernel for Xperia devices it is possible to make pure Sailfish/Nemo/etc. ports to them.
Sony's announcement is great progress and is something I never imagined they'd do in a million years given their history. I wish it would be that simple to make libhybris-less ports. You've still got to consider the 3rd party graphics binary blobs that have been written for SurfaceFlinger and Bionic libc. I don't expect these will be part of their mainlining effort.

Edit: Somehow I overlooked the part where they mentioned that they're working on Freedreno so there is hope.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2016-02-26 at 15:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: