Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@marmistrz you cant do it on harmattan. warehouse origin set by key. All repositories signed by openrepos key (all openrepos repositories) will have warehouse origin. You just need to install warehouse. It will do all work itself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
And one more request - add the openrepos repo with the origin via CLI, please!
as Coderus answered, origin is added during Warehouse install and first run.
Any repository added later will be considered as trusted-openrepos if key signature will be matched.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
And if I add a repository to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openrepos-XYZ.list, where XYZ is not a user name, will it be properly recognized by openrepos, or does the name has to be "openrepos-<username>.list?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
And if I add a repository to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openrepos-XYZ.list, where XYZ is not a user name, will it be properly recognized by openrepos, or does the name has to be "openrepos-<username>.list?
You can add to any file/files. It will be recognised by Release.gpg signature within repository.

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I created a convenience script for adding multiple openrepos repos.

https://openrepos.net/content/marmis...ipts-harmattan

Feel free to contribute other scripts/fixes https://gitorious.org/openrepos-cli-scripts

Warning: not tested yet, might contain bugs

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-01-05 at 17:29.

Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Yes, Warehouse for Sailfish is almost completed - a few things with packagekit integration.
Does that mean, there will be a client to comfortable view, install and update packages of openrepos in sailfish soon?

Originally Posted by CLRS530 View Post
Does that mean, there will be a client to comfortable view, install and update packages of openrepos in sailfish soon?
exactly. Browse, rate, comment, download, install with one click.
Same functions as official store client have.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Thanks! looking forward to it!

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Hello and greetings;
Been using OpenRepos (app and service) for a bit, but don't think I've said all that much. I'm pretty hard on UX/UI items, and knowing where things are with the project kind of kept me satisfied for the most part. There was an update to Warehouse today and it provoked a few thoughts and ideas, and so I just wanted to get those down instead of making something longer and harder to parse (hope folks minding this thread don't mind).

Things I Like:
- easy to find apps; search has been nice and fast; I've even lost time just browsing the entire library
- I like how its hooked into the update system already existing on the N9, that's just plain smart UX
- for the most part, apps have sufficient screenshots and descriptions to figure them out; scripts kind of miss out here, but that's to be expected
- no requirement to make a profile to download or get updates; seriously, that just makes sense. I get the repos and call it a day

Things I Don't Like (As Much)
- seems like I see Harmattan and SailfishOS apps at the same time; if an app doesn't fit my system, why do I see it
- the blue bar at the top of the landing page. I get it, its a placeholder for applications. But the UI-guy in me says "why isn't the title 'OpenRepos[beta]' stated there, with the icon alongside, instead of taking up screen space under that for a banner image? There might be something about the UX docs for Harmattan I miss here, but its just extra space which could have been better used; makes more sense to see blue bar on the other panes
- the last button on the bottom row brings up that [ugly to me] menu with submenu items. Can I make a suggestion: Get rid of "exit," move 'settings" to the top of the Profile pane, stick "check updates" into settings as well as in that Profile pane, and only show the "Home" button when you've navigated from the initial "applications" panel - when you navigate to page 2 of the navigation panel, should show the back button, not a home button; back goes 1 page, tapping the top menu bar when looking at "applications" takes you back to the homescreen

Things which would be neat
- if one has a profile, can it be managed from Accounts, not just Warehouse?
- if someone has subscribed to a repo, and that repo has a support contact, be able to download that repo's contact into into Contacts (bonus points if that contact were connected to whatever social media contacts that developer had, and preferred to use for communication to them)
- different default icons for scripts (which usually have no icon) than for apps (makes some of those categories easier to scan/read

Warehouse works very well as an entry point into OpenRepos. As a site, OpenRepos just fits this community too well. I did a bunch of browsing before I would even consider downloading Warehouse, and was quite confident that when I did make that jump, I'd not be putting alpha-ware or abandon-ware onto my N9. Warehouse gives me the apps without the fluff. Its not as marketing-friendly as the Nokia Store, and does a decent job of showing me what I want - the fact that the landing screen shows the latest updated/added apps just works too well for me.

To that end, thanks. And I hope these comments help all of you working on and supporting this project. Its a sign of things this community is capable of. Kind regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Things I Don't Like (As Much)
- seems like I see Harmattan and SailfishOS apps at the same time; if an app doesn't fit my system, why do I see it
Starting from version 0.1.6 warehouse shows apps which have suitable versions for your platform.
Maybe you have been distracted by application icon, but app have both versions uploaded, for example: QuandoParte has .debs and .rpms uploaded.

- the blue bar at the top of the landing page. I get it, its a placeholder for applications. But the UI-guy in me says "why isn't the title 'OpenRepos[beta]' stated there, with the icon alongside, instead of taking up screen space under that for a banner image? There might be something about the UX docs for Harmattan I miss here, but its just extra space which could have been better used; makes more sense to see blue bar on the other panes
It was added for recognition and remembering the name

- the last button on the bottom row brings up that [ugly to me] menu with submenu items. Can I make a suggestion: Get rid of "exit," move 'settings" to the top of the Profile pane, stick "check updates" into settings as well as in that Profile pane,
"Exit" was planned, since application should be constantly running
"Check updates" - checks for warehouse updates itself, not applications
Will try my best to optimize that stuff.

and only show the "Home" button when you've navigated from the initial "applications" panel - when you navigate to page 2 of the navigation panel, should show the back button, not a home button; back goes 1 page, tapping the top menu bar when looking at "applications" takes you back to the homescreen
I dont think I understand this correctly.
You mean 4 initial tab-buttons: last apps, categories, search, profile, and no back button.
When you open second level page(i.e. application from last apps, or category, or tap on search results), back button appers as first button, and current tab-button is removed?

Things which would be neat
- if one has a profile, can it be managed from Accounts, not just Warehouse?
Yes it can. When account support will be implemented.

- if someone has subscribed to a repo, and that repo has a support contact, be able to download that repo's contact into into Contacts (bonus points if that contact were connected to whatever social media contacts that developer had, and preferred to use for communication to them)
It is still to be determined, which information is usefull and should be filled within profiles (publisher or user).
Not sure about contact info saving, but social media buttons for getting in touch could be done.

- different default icons for scripts (which usually have no icon) than for apps (makes some of those categories easier to scan/read
Default icon is provided exactly for that purpose, for packages which does not have own icon, i.e. libs, scripts, etc.
All applications should already have icons, since they have desktop file or any other userfriendly launcher. Uploading icon is up to publisher.
Actually, from my point of view, there is no differency between scripts and apps packages(only .desktop file may be)?
For example Coderus uploaded console-styled icons for his packages without proper icons: espeak axel

Last edited by Custodian; 2014-01-06 at 10:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os