Hello to all.. I'm M'sian-Kuala Lumpur. Just use ma' N900 since March-Official Launch by Nokia M'sia. I also feel so proud using N900 BUT not so good on a technical part of apps or "what so ever to call it"..

Really need some help from those expert. Eventhough i already update my Nokia N900 as version 20.2010.36-2 thru PR 1.3 but it seems no different/changes for my N900. Until today, i still failed to signin/login my Yahoo Messanger in Conversation ops. This is happen since i do update my N900 from PR 1.1 to PR 1.2. I also failed to register my Yahoo Mail. What's the problem actually? I thoguht, by update my N900 to the latest version-PR 1.3, everything will resolve and works well.

Please help me guys... T_T

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by badai1518 View Post
Hello to all.. I'm M'sian-Kuala Lumpur. Just use ma' N900 since March-Official Launch by Nokia M'sia. I also feel so proud using N900 BUT not so good on a technical part of apps or "what so ever to call it"..

Really need some help from those expert. Eventhough i already update my Nokia N900 as version 20.2010.36-2 thru PR 1.3 but it seems no different/changes for my N900. Until today, i still failed to signin/login my Yahoo Messanger in Conversation ops. This is happen since i do update my N900 from PR 1.1 to PR 1.2. I also failed to register my Yahoo Mail. What's the problem actually? I thoguht, by update my N900 to the latest version-PR 1.3, everything will resolve and works well.

Please help me guys... T_T
Use Nokia messaging for your Yahoo Mail. Pop access to yahoo is only for Yahoo Plus subscribers.
As for the connection to YM it seems to work ok for me. Check your password etc.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by badai1518 View Post
Got some info for your question earlier for N900 user at MAXiS. For those whoever already have thier fMMS apps but can't use it, they can try edit as below:
Server name: Maxis
Gateway: 202.75.133.49
Port number: 9201
Server address: http://172.16.74.100:10021/mmsc
Sending size limitation: 100K
================
APN: net
APN name: maxis
APN password: wap
WAP gateway: 202.75.133.49
MMSC: http://172.16.74.100:10021/mmsc

Hope any of these (or combined) can help you.
Erm... well
most of the info given above is written in the settings but maybe the fMMS i downloaded is not similar? Cause it doesn't write gateway but HTTP Proxy.

When I click on settings in fMMS, here's what that pops out

Access point name: net
MMSC: http://172.16.74:100.1000/mmsc
User name: maxis
password: wap
HTTP proxy: 202.75.133.49
Port Number: 9201

and when I click on advance settings, these slots are all empty.
IP address:
Primary DNS address:
Secondary DNS address:

... I'm now in Sabah. I wonder if the settings are different?

I even just tried connecting to the Maxis Internet function just like that without opening fMMS and they said they couldn't connect to the internet. I mean, even if I don't send an MMS, i should still be able to surf the net via Maxis data right? I used to use my sim card on another 'lesser' phone with GPRS and it was working fine.

Thanks for the help guys.

did you set the network mode to havic?

Originally Posted by azizija View Post
your can check on other forum as below,there some discussion about VKB malfunction,hope it can help you Mzams.. its time to learn how to reflash your phone and learn comand using x-term..good luck bro ;-)

http://discussions.nokia-asia.com/t5...highlight/true
thnx bro. i think i'll disable VKB, used fizikal keyboard instead. reflash thing, i dont need it at the moment. phone running good with pr 1.3.

learned few thing using Xterm... OC one of them )

Dark_Angel85, u can download freoffice

droll: i tried setting it to havoc and the difference is now it does try to connect to maxis internet quicker. though the same response i.e.

network unreachable. this is when i'm not connected to a wifi network.

when i am connected to a wifi however, it seems to connect to the maxis internet service but the popup 'Downloading MMS' seems to be forever without response.

thanks for the help!! oh dear.. wonder why this is happening

mzams: thanks bro for your suggestion... I'm using Abiword and Gnumeric now... loving them! Any good powerpoint suggestions besides freoffice? I read in some other places that some of the versions of freoffice or koffice don't really work that smoothly... true?

*sad that the MMS doesn't work.. maybe it's my sim card, but I used to use it in another phone... SOB SOB

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Angel85, I don't know how to explain it, but seems our Maxis fMMS only works with 3G mobile internet connection. So,if you want to use it, try to subscribe to the Maxis data service. I had the same problem also. You should be able to receive fMMS notice with just standard phone/WLAN, but won't be able to download the fMMS content without the 3G mobile internet. Hope this helps! By the way, I had to change my sim card to get the mobile internet and fMMS working.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi Malaysia N900 owners!

Need help!!!

Anyone knows how to setup Lite-FM on our N900 internet radio? I keep getting error message "Unable to play media. Audio codec not supported". Thanks.