Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Is there a way to detect an ''unknown number'' caller ID while it shows on an in-coming call ?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
In some networks if you divert the call to another number it will show caller id on the target phone. That is if network itself knows the number at all.

caller ID is appearing like '' Unknown number on N900 ,no number nothing .though i know its virgin mobile service number from canada from which i am receiving my call but where the hell is that number ? I wish if N900 could do something about it . any one ? any hack ? any programme ? anything at all ?

anyone into reverse phone look up idea ?
i guess this thing has been quite demanding over the years so if any one around the maemo globe could make it happen ? though chances are minimal as far as i have searched through it.There has not been a single programme which could identify an '' unknow number '' as a caller ID ,cuz mostly it has been blocked by the person who is calling you and it is the service provider who have been ordered to show the number as '' unknow number '' on an incoming call rather than the actual number of the user .
anyway lets scratch our heads ,hope there will be a way or any hack perhaps .

there is no app perse, but as mentioned there is a rerouting service, i think the paid service is called trucaller or something, it reroutes the call through lines used by bank etc. and you see the callerID this way. The rerouting of all also reveals spoofed numbers, which seems to be the biggest problem (I used to administer a phone complaint site and 90% of complaints came from spoofed numbers). The unknown CID you're seeing may be spoofed CID as well, so...