Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Ive seen posts with a lack of a "back" button in the browser.

Shift + backpace takes you to the previous page you were browsing in case you havent noticed.

will post more as I find out, its just my first day with this phone :-)

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
A full list can now be found here - http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Shortcuts_and_Gestures

Please update this list as you find them.
I don't know if this belongs on the list or not, but the space bar in the browser works almost like page down. It does however jump too far down, so I don't know if it's really that usable.

Edit: Another one I discovered today is when you use the arrow keys to scroll up and down in a document: When you want arrow down, you need to press Fn (blue button) and arrow down.

If you let go of the blue button before you let go of arrow up or down, it will continue scrolling until you press for instance arrow left. An easy way to scroll all the way to the top or bottom "hands free". Same thing can be done, of course, by just keeping arrow pressed until you are where you want in the document.

Last edited by jaysire; 2009-11-28 at 20:28.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post

Shift + backpace takes you to the previous page you were browsing in case you havent noticed.

Well, backspace only does the same

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post

Actually, Shift+ backspace takes you Forward. so if you went Back twice you could return by going Forward.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
Actually, Shift+ backspace takes you Forward. so if you went Back twice you could return by going Forward.
Ahh that would be why it doesn't work for me! Thanks.

Actually, that little diagonal arrow beside the url bar will bring you up the entire history and you can choose which page to go back to. It even reloads, so if you're somewhere like here, you can see what's new since your last view of that page.

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Well, backspace only does the same
hehe, you are right, noticed it just afterwards but was too lazy to post it in the eve yest

thanks anyways for letting us all know. wonder what was wrong in having a back and forward button in the browser gui !

Short answer is screen realestate. If you cram too much onto a status bar, either you need a bigger bar. Or the icons have to shrink.

Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
I don't know if this belongs on the list or not, but the space bar in the browser works almost like page down. It does however jump too far down, so I don't know if it's really that usable.
I've just raised a bug against this:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6419
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
shift+spacebar goes up a page. Didn't see it in the wiki. Haven't found top/bottom of page shortcut

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
shift+spacebar kinda goes up a page. Didn't see it in the wiki. Haven't found top/bottom of page shortcut
Fixed it for ya
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Tags
fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, tip, tips, tips and tricks, trick, tricks