Notices

Poll: Best browser
Poll Options
Best browser

What seems to be the best browser to use ?

The built in,
Firefox,
Opera,

Other ones?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
There is only one definitive answer to this question and one way to get it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
It depends on what you want from your browser. Opera is the best choise for portrait browsing in my opinion for example but microb (the default browser) has many features opera lacks. Firefox is way too slow so I wouldn't recommender using it as your default browser. There are many other browsers for N900 too but Opera and microb are the two I at least myself use on day to day basis.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Yea, I expierenced firefox as way too slow.
I will check out Opera now, see what that's like.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
opera is definitely recommended from my side also. I don't like their tab system (microB's window switching is much faster), but apart from that, it is golden. It even has a sweet virtual keyboard to use in portrait mode.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Qatar | http://pininthemap.com/maemo
microb: on wifi
opera: on cellular data

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anees For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
For me the stock browser is the best one, but it depends of what you are doing on the internet! As someone said, opera is better for portrait mode but i'm missing the flash for watching youtube videos! Firefox? Forget it! it lags a lot. The only thing i am missing in the stock one is the ability to open new pages in background!
By the way, is there a patch or something like this to correct it???

Despite the efforts of the Firefox and Opera developers, MicroB is still my choice for ALL THINGS web on the N900.

However I do like some of the features of the other 2 and wish they could have been incorporated into the stock browser. Would have killed everything else stone dead in terms of web browsing. Unless you fancy carrying your PC around with you all day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hey guys, what about Chromium?? It was one browser who took attention but no news since ages now!!!

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hey guys, what about Chromium?? It was one browser who took attention but no news since ages now!!!
Google threw a teddy over Chrome being developed for the N900. So it got abandoned.
I've got it installed but it's just too small to use unless you use the TV out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post: