He said that the store he got it from only had the 16GB black ones (although he wanted the black 64 in the first place), which was 15 bucks less than the white one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
finally got around to changing my housing! very happy with the result.

except the metal stripped doesnt feel completely flush around the lens, and the screen feels slighty sharp down the sides? (was it always like this?)

it may be bacause my N9 was a first batch and they changed it slightly? My friends L800 in white for example had a more curved screen.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Excellent, I'm thinking of doing the same very soon, I will definitely share a photo if I do.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Excellent, I'm thinking of doing the same very soon, I will definitely share a photo if I do.
do it!

I have had it in the case for too long! does it no justice! and in black it just looked rubblish once the matt finish came off!

after an hour of careful dismantling it was all done. watch the dismantle video as i did it (watch a couple of times before)

One thing to note! his N9 must have been done several times! popping the screen out is scary! I was pushing pretty hard and nothing!

eventually i got to the point of no return!

just be careful. Its like having a brand new phone now! I cant stop looking at it

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
It's like Gandalf, when he goes from grey to white...

Hey guys,

I finally joined the white N9 club and I love the phone so far. I have a question regarding the pre-installed content.
What are the things (wallpapers, etc.) that are exclusive to the white N9?

The phone was advertised everywhere with the white orchid wallpaper. I have a made in Finland, 059M5R3 variant and It is not there on mine by default, I have 30 other wallpapers. A friend of mine bought a made in China, 059M5V1 white N9 recently and he has 36 wallpapers, but not the orchid one (ha has some different flower image, though).
I thought that if I reflash the phone, including emmc, then I would have all the "white N9 content". I downloaded the corresponding main and emmc images from here, flashed them (first the main image, then emmc, like in the flashing guide here in the forum). But I still don't have any extra wallpapers.

I can of course put on the wallpapers myself as well, I'm just curious why I don't have this content on there by default. Any ideas? Thank you!

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
The set of wallpapers is probably different from variant to variant (at least by continent/language), depending on how certain colours, shapes and pictures are seen by different cultures.
For example, at some point or the release process I remember some wallpaper was removed from the emmc image in one of the variants because it was perceived as 'offensive'.

Thank you! Is there information somewhere about what content is in which variant. E.g. is the white orchid wallpaper included in any variant? Is there any other interesting exclusive content (ringtones, videos or anything else)?

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I doubt that anybody outside Nokia has created an emmc contents list, but hey, you can write your own little script that one by one downloads the emmc images, unpacks them and list their contents on a file/spreadsheet

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by emev View Post
Thank you! Is there information somewhere about what content is in which variant. E.g. is the white orchid wallpaper included in any variant? Is there any other interesting exclusive content (ringtones, videos or anything else)?
you can download N9 media content here:

http://techprolonged.com/index.php/2...pers-download/

white orchid is incl. in sample pictures

The Following User Says Thank You to MarcAnton For This Useful Post:

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn